Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    wimama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

In the security line at the airport.

We happen to have to fly home from Las Vegas the same day some guy in London tried to smuggle liquid explosives onto a plane. They were allowing absolutely no liquids through security, so pumping a bottle wasn't an option. It was so, so very hot in the airport. There was a 1 1/2 or longer line for security that day. The line snaked back and forth through the airport. And, the air conditioners for the airport were overloaded by all the people standing there. It was so bad they were handing out bottles of cold water. And, after about an hour into this, my then 3 month old DS decided he needed to nurse. I wasn't about to step out of line. So, I put my coverup on and nursed him. I was about ready to kill anyone that gave me an odd look or said anything. No one even batted an eye. They were probably all just happy he wasn't crying.
    Amy -
    J - Spring 2006
    E - September 2011

I NIP all the time, but one of the more unusual times was while doing a front carry in the Ergo, while walking in front of the White House, hurrying to catch a train.

Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS in the Ergo while walking around IKEA. It was HOT, and the poor baby was sweaty, but he was happy!

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Aboard Spaceship Earth at EPCOT sharing a car with FIL. You do what you have to do!
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

Dr C is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Hustling down a beach on an island off the NC coast, trying to catch the last ferry back to the shore. DD was in the Ergo. It wasn't pretty but luckily the beach wasn't very crowded!
    My sweet boy 8/06
    My beautiful girl 10/09

happy2bamom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

On an airplane, in the middle seat, and I didn't know the people sitting on either side of me.

I also NIP at a very romantic, upscale restaurant where there were no other children except for our new born. The inlaws were watching our 2 yo, but I couldn't bear to leave the baby with them. For the record, I nursed him right at the table b/c I didn't want my expensive meal to get cold.
    Kelli
    Proud mama to Biggy & Redball

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

While wearing a 2mo ds2 in a Bjorn, walking through the zoo, wearing heels, in the rain. I'd promised ds1 a trip to the zoo and the day before had been sunny and gorgeous but we didn't go. Feeling super guilty I picked him up at school the next day and hustled to the zoo. Unfortunately the zoo was going to close in an hour so there was no time to wait for ds2 to eat so we just went for it. As you can imagine, we encountered no one during this trip so no worries about who I might have flashed while trying to get everything lined up!

Beth

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

On a couch in the AS-IS section of Ikea - DS was ~14 months old at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    That's weird!! Maybe he was hoping to catch a peek?
    Oh gosh, I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Gosh I NIP-ed everywhere. Planes, trains, automobiles (leaning over the car seat on road trips). I nursed DS1 in my stadium seat at a Jacksonville Jaguars game (fearing that I was going to appear on the Jumbotron the entire time). I nursed DS2 on the "It's a Small World" ride at Disney (also the Hall of Presidents, and pretty much any ride/show where I was sitting). I nursed DS3 in the classical sculpture wing of NYC's Metropolitan Museum of Art (guess all those nudes made him hungry).

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast