Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default S/O Question: The oddest place/situation you've nursed your baby?

Here's mine: My boys love trains. We go to this outdoor train place once a year. It has all these different sized trains to ride (Big steam engines, smaller engines and tiny ones that you sit on top of).

We were there and I had to nurse my middle child. There was no place to do it. The car wasn't close, it was packed and I couldn't find a place to sit - so I looked around and saw that the mid sized train had a box car you can ride in. It was a tiny boxcar, though, so I didn't know if it would work.

So, DH, my oldest son, baby and I stood in line and grabbed the box car. It was a tight fit but the 4 of us fit in it, we were completely incognito in there and kind of smushed...but it worked fine! And to this day when we go back there we always laugh about it!
    Last edited by artvandalay; 03-25-2011 at 07:51 PM.

I can't think of an odd place but when my youngest was 4 months old and getting her legs casted, the doctor asked if I wanted to nurse her while he put the casts on!!! NO! She was crying and he was just trying to be nice but that would have been very, very weird!

Quote Originally Posted by crayonblue View Post
    I can't think of an odd place but when my youngest was 4 months old and getting her legs casted, the doctor asked if I wanted to nurse her while he put the casts on!!! NO! She was crying and he was just trying to be nice but that would have been very, very weird!
    That's weird!! Maybe he was hoping to catch a peek?

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I can't even hazard a guess. I was a reluctant NIP nurser with older DD, but by the time younger DD came along I was so over it. I nursed on school field trips (for older DD), all over WDW (including many rides), museums, planes, any store, and perhaps every Starbucks in NoVA.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

In these outdoor covered waterbeds in the outdoor pool/bar on the rooftop of The Standard hotel in LA.
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...:0&tx=52&ty=92
    DD
    DS

Not a terribly weird place, but on a park bench at the Smithsonian mall on July 3, crazy busy with people and tourists. I used a nursing cover as the world walked by. Incidentally, while nursing, DS chose that time to have a major blowout--all over him, my jeans, and my Ergo that was next to my leg. Fun times.

schrocat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sitting on a tiny bench in the children's section at Barnes and Nobles. The baby was hungry and the only other person was a lady reading a book nearby. She gave me curious looks but I was facing away from her.

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

On a bench at a busy outdoor mall right next to some patio dining along a very busy walkway. It was the only place to sit that wasn't in the glaring sun. I normally try to find a quieter spot so DD doesn't get distracted and just pop on and off to people watch while I try to keep my hand ready to pull my shirt down. It was the ultimate in baby distraction and getting enough into her took forever.

Most uncomfortable (physically) is definitely nursing in the car (while driving, leaning over the RF car seat) - not comfortable at. all.

The most awkward place that comes to mind is when I was a bridesmaid in BIL's wedding, DD was 7 months and needed to nurse during the reception, but I had to totally unzip my dress. I ended up in the room the caterers were working out of, while they were busily carrying trays of food out, with me and DD sitting there with my dress halfway off. And then I got to do it again a couple hours later - yay!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I NIP all the time but the oddest place I would say was either the Meineke where I get my car serviced (so much testosterone in that place) or a nice nice restaurant that DH took us to for my first mother's day. I never used a cover, so it was pretty apparent as to what we were up to.
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast