Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have one of those hooter hiders so I feel pretty comfortable nursing in public. The airport terminal, a flower show, the Hinsdale oasis on I-80 in Chicago, the zoo, plus countless stores (nursing rooms and dressing rooms) and the car.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

I so wish the rest of the U.S. mothers could read this thread and see that it can be done, you can nurse your baby in public and have a life, and it's not the end of the world or anything to be embarrassed by! I think so many people think "I'm the only one...I can't nurse in public..." without realizing there may be moms all around you doing it too!

I nursed DS#2 while he was having both an EKG and a heart echo. done at the cardiologists office, before having heart surgery at 3 weeks. The techs said they couldn't believe how content and still he was, that most babies cried the whole time. Yep, he had his milk and he was happy as a clam!

But yes, Starbucks, restaurants, library, Borders, grocery store while being carried in a sling, at my Dad's wedding, the park, Smithsonian museum in DC, airplane & airport...the fun just keeps on going! And you would be surprised at the number of times people came up to talk to my baby or play with their toes are whatever, and only then realized they were nursing I got really good at nursing without a cover, and people had no clue what was going on.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

oh my..im such an idiot how could I have forgotten this one!

ok here goes....

WHILE SAYING MY VOWELS TO DH AS WE WERE GETTING MARRIED.

lmao. this is 100% true. DD was exactly 4 weeks old...i have pics to prove!
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

Quote Originally Posted by lovebebes View Post
    oh my..im such an idiot how could I have forgotten this one!

ok here goes....

WHILE SAYING MY VOWELS TO DH AS WE WERE GETTING MARRIED.

lmao. this is 100% true. DD was exactly 4 weeks old...i have pics to prove!
    That's awesome!

That definitely blows away my story

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    I nursed DS#2 while he was having both an EKG and a heart echo. done at the cardiologists office, before having heart surgery at 3 weeks. The techs said they couldn't believe how content and still he was, that most babies cried the whole time. Yep, he had his milk and he was happy as a clam!
    Darn it! Here I thought mine was unique!
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    Most uncomfortable (physically) is definitely nursing in the car (while driving, leaning over the RF car seat) - not comfortable at. all.
    OK, I'm having a really hard time visualizing how this is done. Two PPs said in the car, while driving, with DC in carseat. How is that done? Seems really unsafe and not sure what kind of vehicles you have, but in a minivan, you'd have to have really long boobs - lol!

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

In the confessional standing up in the pitch black during Christmas Eve mass in a packed standing room only church with only the velvet curtain separating me from view. It was pouring outside and the mass was LONG. No where else to go and my first decided to cluster feed that night.

I knew I could do anything after that! I was a new mother and she was only 3 months old.

I don't think anywhere is really odd or weird but I have nursed everywhere.

The most unexpected was probably while negotiating the purchase of my minivan. I didn't expect it to take that long and we didn't have any snacks for her. I just kept talking to the salesman and latched her on and he acted like nothing was going on.

I've always nursed on planes with her in the carseat, rearfacing, next to me. I just lean over and do it. But the oddest reaction was when I did that with my youngest, who is adopted and is a different race. The lady in the seat next to me looked over and smiled, and then looked at the baby, then me, then the baby again, and then stared at me like she was trying to figure out how this blonde lady could possibly be Chinese. . .
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

cheri is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I'm in the anywhere and everywhere group, too (moving cars, tourist attractions, restaurants, aquarium, etc.)

But probably the best one was at the doctors' family picnic for my hospital. I practice in a very small, pretty conservative town. Only about 10% of the docs are female, and there were only three of us under the age of 40. When DD1 was 6 months old, I took her to the annual picnic (my first) and nursed her while sitting at the picnic table, carrying on a conversation with several people. To their credit, no one batted an eye (although I'm not sure what they said later....)

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by randomkid View Post
    OK, I'm having a really hard time visualizing how this is done. Two PPs said in the car, while driving, with DC in carseat. How is that done? Seems really unsafe and not sure what kind of vehicles you have, but in a minivan, you'd have to have really long boobs - lol!
    It is not very comfortable, but it can be done. You have to kneel on the floor next to the sets and lean way over the seat, like you are trying to lie on top of the baby's car seat. I did it on our last long car trip and my 13 YO DS didn't even notice!
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast