Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Do you spend individual time with each twin?

As in, completely apart? Like you take one twin to go do something while DH takes the other somewhere else so they get one-on-one time?

We have always thought about it but never really pulled it off since usually the girls will throw fits if one is going somewhere but the other isn't. But today DD1 threw a MONSTER tantrum over something unknown, and we had promised to take them to the park and then out to dinner. I told DH to go ahead and take DD2 otherwise we'd run out of time and no one would be able to go. So - he took DD2 and I stayed home with DD1. Once DD1 finally calmed down, she seemed really REALLY happy to be "only child" for a few hours. She let me bathe the dogs (played on her own for 30 minutes!!!) She even (GASP) PLAYED ON HER OWN for what must have been at least 10-15 minutes while I TOOK A NAP ON THE COUCH (I really really didn't mean to leave her unsupervised with the intent to nap - I just sat on the couch and was so tired that I crashed). Unheard of!!!! If I'd known this in advance, I would've cooked a couple week's worth of meals

Just curious if you try to work one-on-one time in with your twins on a regular basis, whether you found it to be valuable, and some ideas for what exactly you do.

eta: when DD2 got back, she was a little upset that I had bathed the dogs without her. Haha. But DD1 seemed to not be bothered at all that she missed a park AND dinner outing. DD1 is our homebody - she would rather be at home than out somewhere.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 03-26-2011 at 10:19 PM.