Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    jenfromnj is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Couch to 5K support group thread

Judging from the C25K thread in the Lounge, there are at least a few other people who are about to start this program, and a couple mentioned interest in a "support group" of sorts. It seems like a great way to keep each other motivated, share information we find, and just generally make it a bit more fun (I wish I was one of those people who thinks exercise is so much fun, but alas, I'm not).

I am hoping to start the program this week or next--hoping the weather here in NJ gets a bit better, since I really would like to try running outside. I am pretty out of shape at the moment, but have really gotten into running in the past and found success with it.

I'll definitely be using the podcasts in one version or another--any feedback on which ones are best would be appreciated!

Feel free to contribute any thoughts, info, whatever strikes you!

Woot!

I'll start next week. I need a week to prepare myself mentally

Im down for giving it a try. Just got my new Bob and have been walking almost daily with it, no reason why I cant get back into running.
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm on Week 6!! I've been using a Couch to 5K app on my iphone (green icon one) that allows me to use my own music which I love! I tried a few other podcasts the first couple of weeks, but I hated the music. I'm doing it on my treadmill while my DD naps. I'm also doing it every other day instead of only 3 days/week, but may have to repeat some of these later weeks...it gets tough!! I'm so proud of myself for sticking with it though! Good luck to those that are starting and feel free to ask me any questions.
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

Quote Originally Posted by willow33 View Post
    I'm on Week 6!! I've been using a Couch to 5K app on my iphone (green icon one) that allows me to use my own music which I love! I tried a few other podcasts the first couple of weeks, but I hated the music. I'm doing it on my treadmill while my DD naps. I'm also doing it every other day instead of only 3 days/week, but may have to repeat some of these later weeks...it gets tough!! I'm so proud of myself for sticking with it though! Good luck to those that are starting and feel free to ask me any questions.
    Good for you for doing it every other day . That's awesome. I'm planning on doing it on the treadmill while DD naps as well. I might venture outside occasionally. It's still pretty chilly here in the Midwest but hoping soon it warms up.

I'm gonna start next Tuesday! (Gotta get a pair of running shoes.) I have the iPhone app already (the one with the green icon like willow).

I'm excited! Definitely gonna be running outside - it's already well into the 70's here.
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Yay for C25K

I skimmed the other thread in the lounge too fast and didn't see that you had already moved over here.

I know I am new to the board, but I am so excited to not be starting all alone this time. I am going to try for an every other day schedule, though that will be tough.

OK I'm in for a try. Do we have a start date. It would be good for me if I HAD to start on a certain date (week) to be part of the group, I am really good at putting stuff like this off
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    Woot!

I'll start next week. I need a week to prepare myself mentally
    I am with you. I started last wk, but the weather got cold again. So, I am going to re-start again when it warms up, which hopefully will be this wknd.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

MWmom is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I've been toying with the idea of starting the program again. I did it b/f DD about 3 yrs ago. Although I'm not a runner I it went well. I did repeat or extend weeks as needed. I'll start next week too.
    {now that I said it I have to do it right? }
    Mommy to pumpkin 2009

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast