Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

I started last week and am doing okay, but could definitely use support! The running part for me is pretty difficult, but once I've finished and caught my breath I feel really energetic. I don't have a treadmill, so am running laps around my backyard (It's about the size of an indoor track). The kids are napping and playing while I do my run, so it's working for us. I hope to make it out of the yard during the weekend while DH is home.

minnie-zb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I want to participate. I could really use the moral support and the kick in the tush on the days I'm being a slug. I'm much closer to a slug vs. a sleek cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid1971 View Post
    OK I'm in for a try. Do we have a start date. It would be good for me if I HAD to start on a certain date (week) to be part of the group, I am really good at putting stuff like this off
    How about this weekend (April 2nd) as a start date for everyone who has not started yet - and also for everyone who fell off the wagon

I downloaded the Chubby Jones podcast onto my phone. I listened to the one without music and the narrator had the computerized (think Stephen Hawking) voice...so I think I'll try Chubby first.

Started day 1, week 1, today. It sucked. But mind you, I AM NOT A RUNNER! I've always been a great walker though! My new running shoes felt good, but the junk in the trunk bouncing around did not. However, I am motivated to continue! Will keep you posted! BTW, I'm using the Get Running iPhone app which works great.

jenfromnj is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    How about this weekend (April 2nd) as a start date for everyone who has not started yet - and also for everyone who fell off the wagon
    I think this is a good idea! Let's make this coming week "Week 1", and aim to get the 3 workouts for Week 1 in sometime between this weekend and next weekend. Does that work for everyone?

This is probably going to be ugly for my out of shape self, but I think knowing that others are suffering along with me will help.

GUESS WHAT? I started it!! And I just said I would start next week. I don't think I will get a chance to do it again until Saturday. I need to figure out how to log this into MyFitnessPal.

The baby was napping and I just grabbed my phone and went for it. It wasn't bad at all... in fact, using the podcast music it was fun! I used the Chubby Jones podcast that was recommended here and I LOVE the music on it! Especially the song "Sex Bomb". I was shaking my rear during the walking parts and my son was looking at me like WTH who is this woman?

I used the treadmill... and I think it's going to take some practice to figure out what what settings I should be using. I ran at a 5.0 and walked at 4.2. I didn't use any incline.

I need to find some earbuds that stay in my ears and oh yeah... i should probably invest in a couple of new sports bras...

MWmom is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Sounds good. My plan is to buy the shoes this week & start running by Monday.
    What podcasts or apps are you all planning on using? I like the idea of a voice over my music. But am open to ideas. Free would be my preference. Oh... I have Android so the green icon - get running I think- is out.
    Mommy to pumpkin 2009

Quote Originally Posted by jenfromnj View Post
    I think this is a good idea! Let's make this coming week "Week 1", and aim to get the 3 workouts for Week 1 in sometime between this weekend and next weekend. Does that work for everyone?

This is probably going to be ugly for my out of shape self, but I think knowing that others are suffering along with me will help.
    This is perfect! I'm going to get running shoes this weekend.
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I completed this program in the fall/winter, so I wanted to chime in as a cheerleader!

I am not a runner, I am slow and awkward and all that. So I can say with confidence, that if I can do it, YOU can do it too!!!!!! Just stick with the program, and don't give up. Even if you have a day where you just aren't feeling it, get back out there two days later you could feel totally different.

One of the tools I used was mapmyrun.com, to map out routes in my area and track my mileage. Also, once you've give it a week or two and are committed to the program, go get fitted for a nice pair of runnign shoes. It will help you immensely, and give you a reason to stick with the program, as you have financially invested in it!

I'll be checking back in to see how you are all doing!

jenfromnj is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by clc053103 View Post
    I completed this program in the fall/winter, so I wanted to chime in as a cheerleader!

I am not a runner, I am slow and awkward and all that. So I can say with confidence, that if I can do it, YOU can do it too!!!!!! Just stick with the program, and don't give up. Even if you have a day where you just aren't feeling it, get back out there two days later you could feel totally different.

One of the tools I used was mapmyrun.com, to map out routes in my area and track my mileage. Also, once you've give it a week or two and are committed to the program, go get fitted for a nice pair of runnign shoes. It will help you immensely, and give you a reason to stick with the program, as you have financially invested in it!

I'll be checking back in to see how you are all doing!
    Thanks for sharing your experience, clc! Please do check in, it will be nice to have someone who's BTDT around for moral support!

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast