Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Im planning to start on Sunday...and DH is planning on joining me! Woot!
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

jenfromnj is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
    Started day 1, week 1, today. It sucked. But mind you, I AM NOT A RUNNER! I've always been a great walker though! My new running shoes felt good, but the junk in the trunk bouncing around did not. However, I am motivated to continue! Will keep you posted! BTW, I'm using the Get Running iPhone app which works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    GUESS WHAT? I started it!! And I just said I would start next week. I don't think I will get a chance to do it again until Saturday. I need to figure out how to log this into MyFitnessPal.

The baby was napping and I just grabbed my phone and went for it. It wasn't bad at all... in fact, using the podcast music it was fun! I used the Chubby Jones podcast that was recommended here and I LOVE the music on it! Especially the song "Sex Bomb". I was shaking my rear during the walking parts and my son was looking at me like WTH who is this woman?

I used the treadmill... and I think it's going to take some practice to figure out what what settings I should be using. I ran at a 5.0 and walked at 4.2. I didn't use any incline.

I need to find some earbuds that stay in my ears and oh yeah... i should probably invest in a couple of new sports bras...
    I'm jealous that both of you got the first session out of the way! I am starting on Saturday, I need a couple of days to mentally prepare myself .

BigDog, did you use a treadmill or run outside? I am going to try outside, although I am going to go out super early in the morning, my neighbors do NOT need to see the sorry sight of me plodding along, huffing and puffing.

jenfromnj is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackMom View Post
    It's awesome that your DH is doing this along with you! I mentioned it to my husband, and his response was "You know I don't run unless I'm being chased." Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackMom View Post
    Come on everyone... JOIN US

So I sounded kinda cocky yesterday. Told DH.... "that was kind of easy"...

Well, this morning I am sore! haha. I guess I deserve it!

Quote Originally Posted by jenfromnj View Post
    It's awesome that your DH is doing this along with you! I mentioned it to my husband, and his response was "You know I don't run unless I'm being chased." Sigh.
    His response is kind of funny.

I told DH I was doing it and he actually asked if he could do it with me. Which throws off my game a little because I kind of like exercising alone, lol, and if our pod casts are off from eachother then we will be running/walking at different times. But whatever, he needs to exercise so I'll deal!
    Last edited by WolfpackMom; 03-31-2011 at 09:33 AM.
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

H is a runner... and I should mention he is very competitive.... so if he finds out I am running a 5K this summer he's going to want to do it, too.... mostly so he can gloat about his time

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My DH is a runner too and he keeps asking me when we are going to do our 5K together. The thought totally intimidates me. DH is the kind of guy that can not run for weeks and then just go out and do 8 miles no problem. I feel silly telling him that I just ran 10 minutes straight and how proud of myself I am Plus he runs MUCH faster than me!!

Good job everyone!!
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

BigDog, did you use a treadmill or run outside? I am going to try outside, although I am going to go out super early in the morning, my neighbors do NOT need to see the sorry sight of me plodding along, huffing and puffing.
    Well, I would've preferred doing it in the isolation of my own house, but we don't have a treadmill, so I'm forced to go outside. I, too, didn't want my neighbors chuckling at the sight of me so I drove to a park close by that has a 3mi walking path. I was on my way to Walmart anyhow which is right near the park and I thought to myself "to hell with it! let me go do this thing!", and that's how it started! Day 2 will be tomorrow but we're supposed to get crappy weather here so I think I might have to postpone it until Saturday. The one thing I need to fix though is my attire. I had on yoga pants, a short sleeve tshirt and a hoodie. It was about 45 degrees here yesterday so it was chilly when I started walking, but then I quickly got hot and sweaty. I did some research last night on running attire and I think I'm going to pick up a pair of knee-length running leggings and a few long sleeve moisture wick Ts to wear. If anyone has any recommendations on good but inexpensive attire, please let me know! I was planning on seeing what Target has in their C9 line.

Weekends here! Let's get moving people!

We want to look good in our shorts.... summer is coming

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

It's the mid-40's here today (woke up to a ton of snow), but as soon as DH gets back with the older kids from cub scouts, I'm going to do wk 1 again. I am going to try chubby jones this time, b/c I didn't like the robotic music of the other podcast I tried last time.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast