View Poll Results: What do you do with kids' underwear after it's outgrown but in good condition?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toss it

47 45.63%
  • Donate it

47 45.63%
  • Other

9 8.74%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Donate, same with my own undies. I'm pretty sure if Goodwill can't sell them, they recycle the fabric somehow. I may save the Hannas for DS2 if they aren't very worn.
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

blue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Donate it.
    ETA: or at least that is my plan when DS gets around potty training and using underwear : )...Same thing I do with my underwear.
    Last edited by blue; 03-29-2011 at 12:58 AM.
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

I give them to my neighbor for her kids along with lots of other clothing. She has no qualms about using them.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I voted other since I pass mine along. DS2 is using the pairs that survived DS1. I just got a few pair from my nephew and really didn't think twice about the ick factor! I figure with proper laundering, they're clean enough.

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    And I know that our preschool will accept them to have on hand for potty accidents.
    Oh yes, I've done this too. It's been so long I forgot!

I donate DD's outgrown undies that are in good condition - no stains, holes, etc. I have given them to the daycare/preschool she attended and they are always so thankful. They use them for kids who have accidents. I was told they never get underwear back, so they always need more.

I also have a homeless organization that I donate to. I would have no problem donating used underwear to them. There are so many people these days who are homeless and have young children. I'm sure they would gladly accept clean used undies.

I'm surprised at how many say toss. I hate to throw anything in the garbage and add to the landfill if there is another use for it. Just because used undies might skeeve you out, doesn't mean it's not useful to someone else. Used CDs skeeve me out. Those are actually peed and pooped in. Most undies are not. If you can clean CDs well enough to hand down, then underwear can certainly be cleaned the same way and used again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4