View Poll Results: What do you do with kids' underwear after it's outgrown but in good condition?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toss it

47 45.63%
  • Donate it

47 45.63%
  • Other

9 8.74%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default What do you do with your kids' underwear when they outgrow it?

When your kids outgrow their underwear and they don't have a younger sibling to hand it down to, what do you do with it? I'm talking about underwear that's in good condition with no stains or holes. Poll to follow...

ETA that for the purpose of this poll, please vote "donate" if you sell them. I should have made that an option, but my point is do you think others will find them useful (so you donate/sell) or that they will be skeeved out by them (and thus you toss).
    Last edited by justlearning; 03-28-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've been wondering about this. I've been using them as rags, but now I have a bunch of nice Hanna undies from dd. Those things are solid! I hate to throw them out, but what else? I would love to give them away to someone who could use them after boiling them in the wash people use used cloth diapers. what's the difference?
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I toss it. I think salvation army takes underwear (at least that is what my friend says), but I would never buy used underwear, so I don't bother giving it away either. I normally toss it.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have sold some (Hannas), but generally I donate.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

I've actually been wondering the same thing. DS2 is getting all new underwear so I'm not sure what to do with the ones DS1 has outgrown. Seems wasteful to toss, but do others actually buy these used?
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    I've actually been wondering the same thing. DS2 is getting all new underwear so I'm not sure what to do with the ones DS1 has outgrown. Seems wasteful to toss, but do others actually buy these used?
    That's why I posted this. I have some really nice quality pairs of underwear from DS2 and I'm wondering what I should do with them. I donate all his outgrown clothes to various organizations and have included underwear in the past in those donations, but now I'm wondering if they just immediately toss them anyhow.

Toss it. Sort of skeeves me out... but, I thought nothing of getting used cloth diapers for the babies....

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

And I know that our preschool will accept them to have on hand for potty accidents.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have HAs and I plan to sell them. I don't see how it's any different than selling used cloth dipes (which I did as well). So, I'm interested in seeing how many people really are skeeved out by used underwear...

FWIW, I would've bought a set of used HA unders!

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I freecycled the size 4 undies. The gal that took them mentioned potty-training. We had a few handed down to us as well. I wouldn't buy used underware if I could afford new though, and I don't think Kid2Kid buys them so I'll probably donate/freecycle the next set when the time comes.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast