Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS1 was 22 months when DS2 was born. We kept the crib and used a (very nice) wooden mini crib for DS2. By the time DS2 was ready for a full size crib (around 1 year), DS1 was ready for a bed. He stayed in the crib until he was 3 though.

DS2 is still in the crib at 31 months. No problems. He likes it.

keep the crib! Mine are 25 months appart and DS stayed in his crib til he was 3. Heaven. He dropped nap as soon as he was out of the crib.

ironically both his and DD's crib were recalled shortly after he was out of his crib so I got the money back on both of them and then just had to re-buy for DD!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'd keep the crib, but wait as long as possible to buy another.

Our plan was to keep JellyBean in the crib, and have the baby sleep in the PNP bassinet for several months and then decide if two cribs would be the best way to go.

Jelly Bean actually started climbing out of the crib at 20 months, but I got that stopped. However, when Ha was 1 week old, JellyBean became terrified of thunderstorms. I let her sleep in my room, and then my bed. I was too sleep deprived to force the issue. But now, 9 months later, she's still afraid to sleep in her room. I'm SO glad I didn't waste the money on another crib.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    KEEP THE CRIB.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

If he's happy in the crib, KEEP THE CRIB!!
    Green Tea, mom to three

Thanks everyone for your advice. I think we'll keep DS in his crib until he is ready to transition. As far as the new LO, either a cheap crib or PNP to start, and then decide what to do from there depending if DS is still in his crib. Thanks again for your input!
    Alyssa
    DS 6/09 & DD 8/11

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3