Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Republicans what do you think of Donald Trump for President?

Dear Republican and Conservatives,
    I have seen several thing lately about Donald Trump being a strong contender for the Republican Presidential Nominee. I have to say I can't stand this man on things that have NOTHING to do with politics. I think he isn't a good businessman (he has claimed bankruptcy several time for different business). He a sexist pig, trading out his wives whenever they no longer look good. He also runs the Miss USA contest and has given girls a hard time about putting on weight etc. He's an egotist, if I see his name/picture on one more item I think I will puke. I can't stand the way he talks or his crazy "hair". I really don't know any of his politics but I really don't want him representing my country on a moral level. Please give me you opinion of him. Maybe I am missing something positive about him. Thanks.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm a Democrat, but I'd love to see The Donald get the Republican nomination

Anyone remember the 2004 "Republicans for Sharpton" when Al was chasing the Democratic ticket?

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I would love to say that I was shocked to hear that he is considering this, however, he's pretty darn egotistical, so it doesn't "really" shock me that he thinks he can be president as well.

I think his true financial life is largely misunderstood. He states "he" has never filled for bankruptcy... ya know, because "his business" isn't the same as "he" personally doing it. But it's Donald Trump as a brand, and, despite his financial/business issue realities, people still want to be a part of the brand. Soooo, around the cycle goes.

While I don't expect my president to be my moral compass, I do expect a largely moral man. I know that morals are a personal thing, so it's hard to say if everyone would consider him immoral. But, for me, he's not encompassing the morals I would like to see in our country's leader. I don't want my son, my grandson, or my daughters, for that matter, thinking "Wow, President Trump replaces his spouse when plastic surgery stops working for them. He even buys them breasts and face lifts! But once they aren't Barbie, he gets rid of them. Sounds good to me! He's president, "in charge" of the USA, and he gets to upgrade his Barbie every few years!"

President Obama has showed our children's generation that anyone can be a president. What would Trump's legacy to their generation be?!?
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lalasmama View Post
    President Obama has showed our children's generation that anyone can be a president. What would Trump's legacy to their generation be?!?
    That balding men who do the "comb forward" can be president too!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Im probably about as Republican / Fiscally Conservative as they come and I'm not feeling the Donald Love.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm not a Republican, so I can't answer your questions. But, I really do not know anyone of any political persuasion that thinks this guy would make a good president. Though, I'd love to see him run just for the pure entertainment value of having Donald Trump and Michelle Bachman on stage together for a debate.

Boo! Not interested in him as a candidate!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

I'm a Republican with some Democratic leanings And no way in Heel would I vote for Donald Trump. What a joke! America can't sign up for bankruptcy. Just because you can dream up some good business plans doesn't mean you have any clue how to manage an entire country and deal with foreign nations. Who ever came up with the idea to think of him for President?!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Im not Republican, but if anyone ever ran Democratic that had his/her own reality show that would be a big hell to the no for me...

On a side note, my BFF had her first professional TV speaking acting gig in the opening to the Donald Trump roast a couple weeks ago. Thats the only thing I can think of that has to do with him that I like.
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast