Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    Karinyc is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I agree with what most pps eloquently expressed concerning the pandering & disregard of underlying issues. I'm pretty much disgusted with the proposed language of the bill ("forcible rape"...rape is rape!). I have to wonder exactly who are these bloated, self-righteous white men & what are they thinking when they come up with these bills?

In response to the stats in the African-American community, this was recently taken down in NYC:

http://www.lifenews.com/wp-content/u.../billboard.jpg

Just another slap in the face, if you ask me. I was pretty repulsed when I saw it. And by the way, I'm not necessarily disputing the stats, but question Rush's need to share. What's the purpose? He's not exactly a friend of the black community, to put it mildly.

Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Karinyc View Post
    I agree with what most pps eloquently expressed concerning the pandering & disregard of underlying issues. I'm pretty much disgusted with the proposed language of the bill ("forcible rape"...rape is rape!). I have to wonder exactly who are these bloated, self-righteous white men & what are they thinking when they come up with these bills?

In response to the stats in the African-American community, this was recently taken down in NYC:

http://www.lifenews.com/wp-content/u.../billboard.jpg

Just another slap in the face, if you ask me. I was pretty repulsed when I saw it. And by the way, I'm not necessarily disputing the stats, but question Rush's need to share. What's the purpose? He's not exactly a friend of the black community, to put it mildly.
    That's not true at all actually. And he brought it up because there was a billboard in NY that was taken down because some found it offensive. When he asked his show manager about it (a black man, BTW, not that it matters) he pointed out that the billboard was placed because of the high statistic. He was astounded.

In closing, I will say that this bill is a waste of time and tax payer money, like most things in Washington. I will now leave and not come back to this thread, as I'm not caring much for the undertones of accusation in a couple of peoples posts, nor do I much care for the, what I consider, derogatory term "anti-choice". I knew I should never have opened this thread in the first place, and frankly I'm surprised it has not been locked.

Karinyc is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

And that's the billboard I linked to. As a minority, I find both the billboard & Rush's general comments & tone offensive. And I should rephrase and say that I, personally, do not find him to be a friend of the black community. And it does matter.

Hi Karinyc. I agree. It really matters. I also don't like him to be my friend.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm glad this thread wasn't locked, I think every so often this issue needs "aired out" on the BBB. It's not like anyone is forced to click on the link.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    I'm glad this thread wasn't locked, I think every so often this issue needs "aired out" on the BBB. It's not like anyone is forced to click on the link.
    I agree with you. It's never a fun thing to discuss but i honestly think this thread has been one of the more civil abortion threads I've seen here. And as I've said before, I really think that the issue at heart is that women and children are suffering. Many prochoicers and prolifers agree on this point. The only way we can make any progress in anyone's life is by working together. And we can't do that unless we are talking about this subject, discussing and exploring all the issues we all think are important and relevant.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by maydaymommy View Post
    Just want to point out that previous posts in this thread cited polls from Rush Limbaugh and other fiercely partisan organizations and they were expected to be taken as credible.
    Not by me. I can't stand rush limbaugh.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kymberley View Post
    Did you know that 60% of African-American pregnancies in NYC are aborted? Looks like Planned parenthood, sex ed, free condoms and all that jazz really work, huh?

Now, that said, the ONLY time I see abortion as an option for the mother is if a LIFE is in danger- whether it be hers or the baby's. The 2 PPs living with these realities have my sympathies.
    I guarantee you, it's more than 2 PPs.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23