Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Tell me why I will love a floor steamer...

and won't miss my mop?
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We like ours a lot. I like that it uses pure water, nothing else. I hate the chemical smells! And it does a good job, 'cept right up in the corners but nothing, IMO, besides hand-wiping gets those spots.

Oh...and DH enjoys that it goes "goosh" and belches steam. Which makes him more likely to use it.

Can't compare to a mop, though. I have always, always refused to use a mop. Hate 'em. I did the crawl-on-floor technique.

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009

I like that it doesn't use chemicals and kills the germs. My kids are off the floor stage but they still have no problem eating food they drop off the floor It is sooo easy you just fill it up and let it get hot them go to work. I had a shark for about 5 years but it just dies a couple weeks ago. I got an Eureka EnviroSteamer to replace it. The jury is still out on which I like better.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love how "clean" it is to use a floor steamer. Mops are so messy. I also feel like the steam gets things a lot cleaner than a mop.

logan's mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The entire first floor of my house is hardwoods. I have the Eureka EnviroSteam mop and I love it. My favorite thing is probably that the floors aren't sticky after I clean them. Whenever I would mop with a cleaning solution, the floors would be sticky afterward. I also like that the floor dries super fast. I can toss the cleaning pads into the washing machine and reuse them so there is no further cost for the steam mop.

If you decide to get a steam mop, look at how hot it gets. Some popular models (Shark) don't get hot enough to actually kill anything! There is a really great Amazon review written my neighbors who bought a variety of steam mops and compared. I can't seem to link to it. But it's by A. Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by logan's mom View Post
    I have the Eureka EnviroSteam mop and I love it. If you decide to get a steam mop, look at how hot it gets. Some popular models (Shark) don't get hot enough to actually kill anything! There is a really great Amazon review written my neighbors who bought a variety of steam mops and compared. I can't seem to link to it. But it's by A. Chandler.
    Is that the lady in Austin? Her reviews come up first on any of the steam mops she reviewed on Amazon. I have since recommended the Eureka EnviroSteam to several neighbors after we got it based on her review. I love that it's easy....effortless. When I mopped I was exhausted afterwards and hated to deal with that dirty bucket of water. The steam mop is so easy, you just glide it along the floor and the dirt lifts right off. I didn't think it was working the first time until I saw how filthy the cloth was!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ashleybama24 View Post
    Is that the lady in Austin? Her reviews come up first on any of the steam mops she reviewed on Amazon. I have since recommended the Eureka EnviroSteam to several neighbors after we got it based on her review. I love that it's easy....effortless. When I mopped I was exhausted afterwards and hated to deal with that dirty bucket of water. The steam mop is so easy, you just glide it along the floor and the dirt lifts right off. I didn't think it was working the first time until I saw how filthy the cloth was!
    I think you just sold me on one...

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    I think you just sold me on one...
    You will LOVE it! I mop now once a week just because it takes minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
    I love how "clean" it is to use a floor steamer. Mops are so messy. I also feel like the steam gets things a lot cleaner than a mop.
    we love that we aren't using chemicals to clean the floor. It is so much easier/faster.
    DD 6/10

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Well, thank you everyone!!!

Ive been using a mop for years, though never with chemical anything. I use only Ecover linseed oil floor soap which I am addicted to for its slightest yet oh so green clean scent (part of the reason for being reluctant to switch to steamer, pitiful i know).

I am indeed familiar with that Amazon review- it is what got me thinking about the darn steamer in the first place!

And the Eureka is what I was going to go with...

So some of you are indeed using on hardwood floor? I thought you were not supposed to...

And-do you all vacuum before you steam?

I know this will sound weird but I actually LIKE mopping my floors. I like the process, I like the result, I love the Ecover scent that lingers after...I like how I zone out while Im doing it...but my main reason for wanting to switch outweighs that in the sense that I really want to get the floors truly clean..DD will be crawling in a couple short months and I want the surfaces very clean for her..
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast