Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    Have you dusted your furniture with any Endust or similar aerosol furniture polish? If I spray Endust on my endtables, the residue always gets on the floor and makes the floor really, really slippery. My kids have fallen down it's so slick.

I've learned I need to spray my cloth and then use the cloth on the wood instead of spraying directly onto the wood.
    This has happened to me with the spray on conditioner I use for DD's hair after her bath.

This just happened when DH cleaned the stainless steel for me using a spray. Luckily I hadn't cleaned the floors yet. I do use Bona and they were fine after I cleaned with it. Hope you figure it out Bill.
    Stacey
    Mama to DS '03
    DD '06
    and DD '10

for Samuel

BillK is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

All these are very good suggestions - thanks - but none of them are our situation at all - we're totally stumped. Still thinking.....
    ~Bill

AmyZ is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Bill,

This happens to us as well... usually after my cleaning lady has come, and I have no idea why. She uses a shark steam mop on the floors with no chemicals. It happens in very random places, and the floor is absurdly slippery. It just comes and goes.... no rhyme or reason.
    Our string quartet is complete

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I don't use Bona, so IDK, but were you at the bottom of the bottle? Sometimes cleaners really get concentrated at the bottom, and maybe that left a residue?
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Has there been any airborne cooking oil? I know it sounds crazy, but there have been a few instances when we cooked something that splattered a lot, and no matter how well we tried to clean it, it would make that area very slippery until it wore off. The rubber bottoms on your son's socks could be causing issues too. I know that the non-skid rug liners ALWAYS make a huge slippery spot if we remove them.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2