Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    If you're going the "mum mums" route, I would definitely recommend getting the organic kind. The conventional kind are made in China and aren't GMO free.
    Where are the organic ones made?
    DD Spring 2010

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
    Where are the organic ones made?
    I don't know to be honest as we don't do mum mums but Canada maybe? If they're organic, at least you're getting non GMO grains.
    Last edited by citymama; 04-03-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Plum Organics puffs are smaller and dissolve faster than happy baby. Mum Mum are harder than both. Happy Baby puffs, I was breaking each into four peices for a long while and we didn't start snacks until 9 or more months. Your baby is already getting a lot of solids and milk is supposed to be the main nutrition for the first year, so you don't have to do this yet if you don't want to.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We first started with Baby Mum Mums and the Happy Baby Puffs. According to this link Baby Mum Mums are GMO free. It looks like all varieties are made in China. DD2 really likes them and I like that they aren't messy.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Edensmum View Post
    Plum Organics puffs are smaller and dissolve faster than happy baby. Mum Mum are harder than both. Happy Baby puffs, I was breaking each into four peices for a long while and we didn't start snacks until 9 or more months. Your baby is already getting a lot of solids and milk is supposed to be the main nutrition for the first year, so you don't have to do this yet if you don't want to.
    yes to this!

My DD loves the O cereal but has little to no interest in puffs. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    We first started with Baby Mum Mums and the Happy Baby Puffs. According to this link Baby Mum Mums are GMO free. It looks like all varieties are made in China. DD2 really likes them and I like that they aren't messy.
    This is good to know, thanks. I'm still going to pass, though!

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This is a lot of great info! Thank you!

We only give our girl organic too, but she only does a little bit of solids and she is nearly 9 months old. She likes to have a couple of licks of food off my finger or gum at a piece of food, but she doesn't seem to really want to actually eat meals yet.

I would agree that your baby is getting a lot of solids now and I wouldn't be in a hurry about the finger foods. I did Baby led weaning for my girl for a while when she turned 6 months and then I decided she wasn't really ready for solids and I quit. I think that it's particular to each baby. Mine is really healthy and growing well on primarily just my breastmilk. I was surprised that she didn't need or want more solid food yet, but it seems to truly be the case!
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2