Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I maintained this week which was the last week of at work meetings. I don't think I am going to renew. I weighed myself naked on my home scale and it says I am 3lbs less than I was on Tuesday. I feel lighter though so that is a good thing.

I started playing around with My Fitness Pal last week and while I do like seeing how many calories a day I am eating I don't like that everything isn't verified so I am probably just going to continue paying $16 a month for WW Online and make myself be a better tracker!

Quote Originally Posted by alirebco View Post
    I'm considering joining up WW again since I need to lose about 20-30 pounds of pregnancy weight. I'm nursing and did the program 4 weeks after the birth of DS 3 years ago and saw great results quickly and had no issues with my supply.

Is anyone nursing and on the new program? If so, how is it going for you?
    Alicia, with both girls I started at 3 weeks and had no real noticable drops in supply. I lost pretty much all but 10lbs by the time DD1 was 7 months old; I had gained 40lbs with her (lost about 8lbs (including baby) by the time I went home and lost another 17lbs by the time she was a month old, and then took a few more months to lose 5lbs). With DD2 I had gained 30lbs and had lost all of that by the time DD2 was 4 months old, but I still have another 15 to 20 to go to get me to TTC baby we lost weight (I had only lost 8lbs when I got pregnant with DD2). I have been stuck now for a few months, but am hoping and am feeling that I am finally getting back on track and will finally be back to my ideal weight within 6 months.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 04-22-2011 at 02:36 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I lost .6 pounds this week, so I'm super happy! I've had a rough few weeks with birthdays and other special events with lots of food, but I'm re-dedicating myself. My goal is to work out for 1 hour this week (probably 3 20 minute sessions) and do some strength training exercises twice.

For those who are frustrated with slow weight loss, what kind of workout plans are you on? Maybe switching it up will help.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Down 0.5 pound again this week. I am glad I didn't gain because I am bloated. I am afraid of this upcoming week between the Easter candy and work parties I know of this week, I will really be tempted. I will likely have to increase the activity. Overall it seems as if the weight loss is slower than my first go round under the old points system. I am wondering if it is because if the "0" point fruits and veggies that did have point values under the old system? This way the weight loss is slower, and we end up paying for longer...just a thought.

Hope everyone has a good week!

mom to one girl, 9.5 years old
    and one boy, 5 years old

Down the last .2 pounds to 25 this morning - it was a slow weight loss week for me, but also, being spring break, not the best eating week...I went through more than half of my weekly points this week for the first time since joining. I didn't really earn any more loss than that .2 pounds!

I have no idea how I'm going to count all the holiday food at my grandma's house today - I think I'm going to assume I have no weekly points left for the rest of this week, and just consider today a non-tracking day. (But I'm still going to watch my portions, because I don't want to feel icky for days from overeating. I'm just going to enjoy my dessert and have a roll with dinner!)

Good luck to everyone else!

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am down 9 pounds since last week. Probably the easiest 9 so I don't want to get too excited, but 9 sure feels good. I had a work trip and I sPlurged on drinks one of the nights and I was starving the whole trip. Hopefully I can bounce back from that. Hoping to go down at least 2 pounds this week.
    DD
    DS

Ugh, is anyone else having a hard time getting back on track after Easter??

I kind of just ate whatever I wanted on Sunday, and now I think I'm going through sugar withdrawal again. (At least, that's how I'm trying to explain away this massive headache today.) I think part of my problem is how easily I lost control when I decided it was going to be a non-tracking day. It was sort of demoralizing - if I can't control my portions on one day, how on earth am I ever going to move on from tracking, even when I lose all of the weight I need to lose? Am I going to have to weigh, measure and write down everything for the rest of my life? That's a depressing thought.

Anyway, just wondering if I'm the only one here on Thursday still trying to get back on track from the holiday?

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsthreads View Post

I kind of just ate whatever I wanted on Sunday, and now I think I'm going through sugar withdrawal again. (At least, that's how I'm trying to explain away this massive headache today.) I think part of my problem is how easily I lost control when I decided it was going to be a non-tracking day. It was sort of demoralizing - if I can't control my portions on one day, how on earth am I ever going to move on from tracking, even when I lose all of the weight I need to lose? Am I going to have to weigh, measure and write down everything for the rest of my life? That's a depressing thought.

Anyway, just wondering if I'm the only one here on Thursday still trying to get back on track from the holiday?

Sarah
    Nah, I'm right there with you. I had no trouble with Easter dinner, but I made one of my favorite desserts (which is not that bad for you, really) and have been shamelessly eating it all week. I guess the scale will tell me whether or not I went totally nuts.

I have noticed, though, that when I "go nuts" eating, it's still way less than I would've eaten a year ago. So my eating has changed significantly, and I'm hoping that I can balance the splurges with the super healthy stuff and come out even, KWIM?
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsthreads View Post

Sarah
    I am right there with you, especially the bolded part. I went hog wild on Easter, especially desserts. Once I get started, I have ZERO willpower. I am absolutely incapable of eating certain foods (bread, scalloped potatoes, brownies) in moderation - I can avoid foods/say no fairly well, but cannot have "just a taste" pr a single portion. Once I start, I can't stop.

I used to think that people who completely gave up eating certain foods (like pizza or cookies/cakes/desserts) were over the top in their approach to eating, but now I get it. Sometime it's easier not to start than it is to stop.
    Green Tea, mom to three

Down 0.2 pounds this week. Like the others who had a rough week, I couldn't stop eating Easter candy and sweets. To top it all off, I had major bloating, and there were little work parties with food all week. My main goal was to not gain this week. I stepped up the activity a bit more than usual, but still not as much as I intended. I was shocked when she said I actually lost this week at weigh in. I hope I can get back on track this week, and see better results next week.

Hope everyone has a great upcoming week!

mom to one girl, 9.5 years old
    and one boy, 5 years old

Thanks for the commiseration, everyone! I was on track to maintain...or possibly even gain a little. But then I got a stomach bug on Friday, so I'm actually down a pound for the week. I guess I should say "woo-hoo"? But I'm mainly glad that I finally felt like eating breakfast this morning!

Today is a new day, and a new week, and the "extra" jelly beans are gone (I've got enough control to not raid the kids' Easter baskets) so it's back to my healthy, well-tracked eating habits this week! No more major challenges until DD2's birthday in July.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5