Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

up 3.5lbs this week. I am now back to where I started six weeks ago when I started losing weight and lost at least a .5 lbs every week until last week (two weeks ago I was on a mini vacation and didn't track well at all). I am trying to stay upbeat about the whole thing though because this morning I put my wedding ring on and I couldn't get it on which means major water rentention and too much salt. I bought Newman's Own jarred pasta sauce last night (I usually make my own) and had some store bought cake for DD1's birthday and I just feel nasty and bloated. I had a cup of coffee this morning, at least 16 oz. of water and a bowl of Trader Joe's Steel Cut Oats for breakfast (I normally don't eat much before I weigh in on Tuesdays at noon), went pee twice and was still up. So pretty sure that salt was the key here. Hopefully next week I'll be 3.5 lbs (at least, although 4lbs would be nicer!) lighter! Wish me luck, and best wishes and good thoughts to all of you! Thanks for keeping me on track!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I'm on day three of following the old plan. So far so good, though I will say that I think I am eating less healthfully. I second guess eating fruit for a snack since I have to track it. Feels good to be eating Vitatops again, though . The scale will tell the tale on Friday...
    Green Tea, mom to three

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    I'm on day three of following the old plan. So far so good, though I will say that I think I am eating less healthfully. I second guess eating fruit for a snack since I have to track it. Feels good to be eating Vitatops again, though . The scale will tell the tale on Friday...
    I track online using Etools so I wouldn't mind continuing to do that if I could find a good source where I can look up points online using the old points system. I haven't visited Dotti's Weight Loss Zone since the change but did they by chance keep up all of the old points. I wouldn't mind creating favorites of all of the foods I eat in Etools if someone could help me find a good list of old points values. I am not sure where my old slide rule points calculator went.

I have never tried Vitatops but I have heard good things about them.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I track online using Etools so I wouldn't mind continuing to do that if I could find a good source where I can look up points online using the old points system. I haven't visited Dotti's Weight Loss Zone since the change but did they by chance keep up all of the old points. I wouldn't mind creating favorites of all of the foods I eat in Etools if someone could help me find a good list of old points values. I am not sure where my old slide rule points calculator went.

I have never tried Vitatops but I have heard good things about them.
    I have all my old materials, so if there are specific food you need points values for, let me know!

And Vitatops are yummy, and only 1 point under the old system (3 points on PP).
    Green Tea, mom to three

Quote Originally Posted by weech View Post
    I hear ya - my body shape is definitely changing. I'm fine with that, it's just unnerving to have a body that is completely in-flux for almost a year. As soon as I wear something a few times, it starts to look frumpy. I've spent a boatload of money buying new clothes (mostly for work) because I've gone down 3-4 sizes. I'm just ready to be done with it!
    Well, you look fabulous and I can't think of a better way to spend money than on buying SMALLER sizes...well I can, but it is the best time to spend money on ourselves.

Sarah - I hear ya about trying to find the time. I had to leave DD with DH and just do it last weekend. But I feel like I made up for it by getting up early with her on Saturday (she decided she wanted to wake up at 5:30, fun I know) and letting DH sleep in and on Sunday I took her to a Gymboree place just the two of us. So I feel like we had some good quality time.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    Well, you look fabulous and I can't think of a better way to spend money than on buying SMALLER sizes...well I can, but it is the best time to spend money on ourselves.
    Awww thank you!!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Weighed in this morning - lost a pound. I am exactly 5 pounds away from my goal.

I did the old plan this week, though I am not sure it made a difference. I am going to continue to track calories/old points/new points and see if I can figure out the right amount of food for slow and steady loss.

Tonight I shall eat ice cream .
    Green Tea, mom to three

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I gained .2 pounds this week, but really, it's a miracle given that we ate out at least 4 times AND spent the day at a winery last weekend AND I didn't have time to exercise. I'm happy!

I'm really trying to get to 50lbs lost by our trip to Cancun on May 13th. I've got 4.8 pounds to go.
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm on my first week and so far I think it's going well. I'm not having a hard time keeping within my points range but I am getting extra nursing points and those are helping me a lot. I allow myself a little bit of chocolate everyday and it's helping that my husband is out of town right now so I don't have to cook dinner for him-I can just make whatever I want for myself. We'll see how it turns out when I weigh in in Monday! I'd like to lose 20 Lbs.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

Down 4 pounds this week . I think most of it was fluid retention from AF. So far the new system is going ok for me. I find myself eating more fruits and vegetables that I was before, and I'm sure the extra 7 points for nursing helps too. I was worried how my milk supply would be affected, but it doesn't seem to be so far.

I'm not expecting as much of a drop for next week, but every little bit helps. Hope everyone is having a good week

mom to one girl, 9.5 years old
    and one boy, 5 years old

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast