Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Awesome! 4 pounds is great!!!

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Down 2 this week for a total of 14.5 (in 9 weeks) I now have less than 20 to goal.

Congrats to everyone!

Congrats, fivi2!

I am down 2.8 pounds this week, for a total of 24 pounds in 12 weeks. I'm almost exactly a third of the way to the top end of my healthy weight range!

I have to share a story about my Great-Great-Aunt Amy. She passed away last summer at 94, and up until the end she was a major shop-aholic. She would buy clothes on clearance, whether they were something she'd wear or not, because they were such a good deal. So many clothes, in fact, that she would bag things up (many with tags still on!) and give them to my mom, my aunts, my cousins and myself because she didn't have room to store them all. We'd see her pull up and she'd drag a huge black trash bag out of her trunk - we called them "Aunt Amy's grab bags". There were a surprising number of wearable things in there, because she didn't just buy "older" styles. Well, the past few years, I didn't get any, mainly because, well, honestly, I wouldn't have fit in any of her hand-me-downs. So, fast-forward to now, when we've been trying to empty out the house so that something can be done with it and the estate settled. My mom insisted that I go with her to look through the closets and see if anything fit...and I now have a ridiculous number of new-to-me tops that are really cute and fit me perfectly. So, thank you, Aunt Amy, for the late grab bag. It's wonderful to have some clothes that fit right, and the brown cabled cardigan feels like a hug.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Down 1.1 lbs. I wasn't expecting to lose any because Saturday was my birthday and DD's birthday party and I weigh on Sunday. It must have been a birthday gift from the WW gods!
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just wanted to say hi and join the group!
    I just started WW on Monday. I hit an all time (non-pregnant) high in my weight last week, and then I got back from a beach vacation and saw myself in pictures and was basically disgusted.
    So here I am!
    I have done WW before and lost 20 pounds (about 10 yeas ago).
    I do think the new points thing will be good for me, at least in the longer term. I am leery of the complaints about people not losing weight as fast, but I still want to give it a shot.
    I am actually down 7 pounds already! My guess is that half of that is probably water bloat from my plan ride , but I am happy to get off to that kind of start.
    DD
    DS

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    Just wanted to say hi and join the group!
    I just started WW on Monday. I hit an all time (non-pregnant) high in my weight last week, and then I got back from a beach vacation and saw myself in pictures and was basically disgusted.
    So here I am!
    I have done WW before and lost 20 pounds (about 10 yeas ago).
    I do think the new points thing will be good for me, at least in the longer term. I am leery of the complaints about people not losing weight as fast, but I still want to give it a shot.
    I am actually down 7 pounds already! My guess is that half of that is probably water bloat from my plan ride , but I am happy to get off to that kind of start.

Welcome!! It's fun to see new faces (er, uh... usernames) here!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Down 0.5 pounds this week. I had a busy week, and was not eating all of my points. Also many meals I was filling up on fruit and vegetables. My leader said to eat more protein, and balance the protein and fruit/vegetables more. I am going to buy some chicken burgers from Costco that are 4 points each, and eat them with my salads and see if that helps. I like the vita tops I bought for snacks a lot, too. We will see how next week goes.

It seems like everyone had a good week last week. Keep up the good work

Hope everyone has a good upcoming week!

mom to one girl, 9.5 years old
    and one boy, 5 years old

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I quit yesterday. I'm sooooo upset. The new plan does.not.work.for.me. At all. I went UP 0.8lbs last week. Very very frustrated.

And, BTW, they won't let you cancel the monthly plan unless you complain repeatedly. They would prefer to argue with you and tell you what you are doing wrong.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    I quit yesterday. I'm sooooo upset. The new plan does.not.work.for.me. At all. I went UP 0.8lbs last week. Very very frustrated.

And, BTW, they won't let you cancel the monthly plan unless you complain repeatedly. They would prefer to argue with you and tell you what you are doing wrong.
    That sucks! How long were you doing it for? What do you think went wrong?
    DD
    DS

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    That sucks! How long were you doing it for? What do you think went wrong?

Since January. I had 10lbs I wanted to lose. I had lost 18lbs under the "old" plan and was Lifetime.

What went wrong?? Dunno. I think they are more focused on new members, not helping old members transition, KWIM?

I dunno what to do now.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast