Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default UPDATE: Which single ATs recline flat & can take a board?

Update: So I went to the consignment pre-sale sale tonight, and I can't even believe it, but they had an MBUS. Brand new, still had tags on. I seriously have never seen someone pushing a MB in my city, other than me. It was even the same color (black houndstooth) as my double! Soooo of course I only saw it after someone else had claimed it. It was $250, plus 8.5% sales tax. No idea what year it was, as I didn't get close enough to really check it out (my sister went up and asked the price). Somebody tell me it wasn't a great deal anyway and doesn't matter that I didn't get it. Not meant to be, I suppose.

-------------------------

The MBUD's days are very numbered, since my 5 year old doesn't need to ride anymore. We are expecting baby #3 in late October, so DS will be 3.5 and by the time we have good stroller weather, DS will be 4. Soooo looking at single ATs that can recline flat and accept a buggy board (or similar - I don't know anything about the different brands/types). What are my options? I've been totally out of the stroller market since we bought our MBUD 3+ years ago.

I want to keep my eyes out at a consignment sale this week, so older model recommendations are also welcome. My city is a stroller wasteland - CL is full of Gracos & BabyTrend joggers - so I don't have much hope, but want to snap up a good deal if I can find one. We loooooooove Mountain Buggy, but I'm willing to consider other brands too. Thank you for any recommendations!

ETA: More background:

Currently, we have a P3 and an MBUD. We loved the P3 til we got the MBUD, but now I'm so spoiled by the push and AT wheels that we use the P3 maybe twice a year. Basically I need the P3 and MBUD to combine into an AT, beautiful push stroller with a step on the back and a flat recline. I don't want to get rid of the MBUD because it's very possible that baby #3 - baby #4 spacing will be closer and we'll want a great double again - plus we have the raincover & sunshade. There's a P3 on our CL right now for $50 and it's not moving, and I'd rather just hang on to the P3 as a mall stroller than sell it for peanuts. A single AT seems like a reasonable addition to the lineup, right? 98% of our stroller usage is outside, walking in the neighborhood, to the park, at the fair, zoo, parades, camping, etc etc over pavement, gravel, dirt, grass, etc so AT really fits our lifestyle.

Ok, hopefully that helps.
    Last edited by MommyAllison; 04-08-2011 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11