Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default UPDATE: Which single ATs recline flat & can take a board?

Update: So I went to the consignment pre-sale sale tonight, and I can't even believe it, but they had an MBUS. Brand new, still had tags on. I seriously have never seen someone pushing a MB in my city, other than me. It was even the same color (black houndstooth) as my double! Soooo of course I only saw it after someone else had claimed it. It was $250, plus 8.5% sales tax. No idea what year it was, as I didn't get close enough to really check it out (my sister went up and asked the price). Somebody tell me it wasn't a great deal anyway and doesn't matter that I didn't get it. Not meant to be, I suppose.

-------------------------

The MBUD's days are very numbered, since my 5 year old doesn't need to ride anymore. We are expecting baby #3 in late October, so DS will be 3.5 and by the time we have good stroller weather, DS will be 4. Soooo looking at single ATs that can recline flat and accept a buggy board (or similar - I don't know anything about the different brands/types). What are my options? I've been totally out of the stroller market since we bought our MBUD 3+ years ago.

I want to keep my eyes out at a consignment sale this week, so older model recommendations are also welcome. My city is a stroller wasteland - CL is full of Gracos & BabyTrend joggers - so I don't have much hope, but want to snap up a good deal if I can find one. We loooooooove Mountain Buggy, but I'm willing to consider other brands too. Thank you for any recommendations!

ETA: More background:

Currently, we have a P3 and an MBUD. We loved the P3 til we got the MBUD, but now I'm so spoiled by the push and AT wheels that we use the P3 maybe twice a year. Basically I need the P3 and MBUD to combine into an AT, beautiful push stroller with a step on the back and a flat recline. I don't want to get rid of the MBUD because it's very possible that baby #3 - baby #4 spacing will be closer and we'll want a great double again - plus we have the raincover & sunshade. There's a P3 on our CL right now for $50 and it's not moving, and I'd rather just hang on to the P3 as a mall stroller than sell it for peanuts. A single AT seems like a reasonable addition to the lineup, right? 98% of our stroller usage is outside, walking in the neighborhood, to the park, at the fair, zoo, parades, camping, etc etc over pavement, gravel, dirt, grass, etc so AT really fits our lifestyle.

Ok, hopefully that helps.
    Last edited by MommyAllison; 04-08-2011 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Have you seen the Mountain Buggy free rider? I wonder if that works with fully reclined MBs? Maybe call Peppy Parents? I have a board on my Terrain. I will see if I can use it with the seat fully reclined.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Have you seen the Mountain Buggy free rider? I wonder if that works with fully reclined MBs? Maybe call Peppy Parents? I have a board on my Terrain. I will see if I can use it with the seat fully reclined.
    I hadn't, but just googled it and holy cow, my kids would go crazy for that!

Now I'm wondering though, will a board be really very helpful in containing a 4 year old boy if he wants to get off... I just don't know how reliable DS will be in a year, and how reliable I will need him to be, or if he'll still fit under the canopy in the MBUD. I guess it would be more sensible to wait til late winter next year to see what our needs are then...but I'm pregnant and just want to drool over pretty strollers!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

I still have a MB Duo for my 2 and 4 year olds. The 4 year old still rides during long walks, when it is cold (we have a warm 7am enfant on our Duo) and when he is tired. It makes my life easier too! For short walks an errands, we use the board. He does not like to ride on the board when it is cold though. He is very reliable on the board at this point. The free rider looks awesome. I took a pic of my Terrain with the board and will post it soon.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

chozen is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

is it hard to push the stroller when there is a hitch hiker on it?

Quote Originally Posted by chozen View Post
    Nope. The HH does not affect the push of a good stroller.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Pics added
    Last edited by arivecchi; 08-13-2011 at 11:17 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by chozen View Post
    But depending on what stroller you use it with it can be hard to push because of the position of the rider and how it affects your stride, right?

chozen is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    But depending on what stroller you use it with it can be hard to push because of the position of the rider and how it affects your stride, right?
    thats what i was thinking, im 5'11".

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    I've never had an issue. The HH can be adjusted because it has many adjustable positions in its connecting "arms". If you pair that with a stroller that has a telescopic or adjustable handle, it should work for tall parents as well.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast