Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Another vote for Huggies overnights here. I don't think we needed overnight dipes for DS1, but DS2 is a soaker for some reason. We use Pampers Baby Dry during the day, but Huggies Overnites have worked best for keeping DS2 from soaking himself and his bedding at night.
    Mom to DS1 (3/06) and DS2 (9/08)

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Did the pointing down solve your problem, OP?

I'm curious because mine had leaking issues twice, when I tried to CD him at night. I then got Huggies Overnites and they work great - except I have to keep buying them So thinking of switching back to more padded CDs.

----------------------------------------------------------------

PGTB is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by momm View Post
    Did the pointing down solve your problem, OP?

I'm curious because mine had leaking issues twice, when I tried to CD him at night. I then got Huggies Overnites and they work great - except I have to keep buying them So thinking of switching back to more padded CDs.
    Pointing down helped in not soaking the diaper in the first 3-4 hours But... at the end of the night the Huggies Overnight plus the diaper doubler pad still leaked out the top right side. DS was wet when we all woke up.

I have noticed that while the front and middle of the diaper and the diaper doubler were completely soaked, the back of the diaper and a bit of a diaper pad were dry. So, the combo has more absorbency, but somehow it's not absorbing - even with pointing down. If your baby is a side/stomach sleeper I suppose this is what happens.

So far, we are back to changing his diaper before going to bed, when he is still asleep, gently turn him around and quickly change then nurse back to sleep. Like a "dream feed", only it's like a "dream diaper change".

I think situation will not be the same if your baby STTN, you should try the Huggies overnight (plus diaper doubler or even without) and point down. If your baby is not nursing between let's say 11pm and 6am, the diaper solution I used should work. He didn't soak it until towards the morning after his two more nursing sessions in the middle of the night.

So, until he STTN I may have to change him, or maybe try the G-diaper with two inserts next? G-diaper seems to fit like a pant around the waist. Maybe some of its inserts are more absorbent and the pee would spread throughout the diaper pad as opposed to saturate the front and leak out the top.
    DS 04/2010
    DD 09/2013

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PGTB View Post
    Pointing down helped in not soaking the diaper in the first 3-4 hours But... at the end of the night the Huggies Overnight plus the diaper doubler pad still leaked out the top right side. DS was wet when we all woke up.

I have noticed that while the front and middle of the diaper and the diaper doubler were completely soaked, the back of the diaper and a bit of a diaper pad were dry. So, the combo has more absorbency, but somehow it's not absorbing - even with pointing down. If your baby is a side/stomach sleeper I suppose this is what happens.

So far, we are back to changing his diaper before going to bed, when he is still asleep, gently turn him around and quickly change then nurse back to sleep. Like a "dream feed", only it's like a "dream diaper change".

I think situation will not be the same if your baby STTN, you should try the Huggies overnight (plus diaper doubler or even without) and point down. If your baby is not nursing between let's say 11pm and 6am, the diaper solution I used should work. He didn't soak it until towards the morning after his two more nursing sessions in the middle of the night.

So, until he STTN I may have to change him, or maybe try the G-diaper with two inserts next? G-diaper seems to fit like a pant around the waist. Maybe some of its inserts are more absorbent and the pee would spread throughout the diaper pad as opposed to saturate the front and leak out the top.

Yes - mine is a side sleeper. I've noticed a few drops of leakage, which of course is a few drops too many

ok. Looks like it's g-diaper time!

----------------------------------------------------------------

PGTB is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I went and bought the Pampers training pull up pant diapers, thinking they should theoretically hold the pee better since they don't have side closures that can get undone. DS is a wiggly sleeper and moves a lot.

We still change the diaper at around 10-11pm, so that at least his pee from the long bedtime nursing session is not adding up to his night time pee.

Then we put on the pull up pant from Pampers with the diaper doubler pad inside. This morning he was dry, the pant lining was soaked half way (only tummy portion, not the back portion), the diaper doubler pad was completely soaked. The whole think weighted about at pound and that is from his night time nursing sessions. Aggggh..

Although the contraption worked, I didn't like the Pampers brand overall, they use fragrance in their diapers and it smells too strong to me. I think I would go for the Seventh Gen training pant for disposables, but they didn't have the right size.

I looked at the G-diaper and found it to be a bit stiff, wonder if this would be comfy for the baby for the night time. Any g-diaper users here who can chime in?
    DS 04/2010
    DD 09/2013

blue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

PGTB, Hi I was wondering how the night time diaper situation was going and if the training pants have been working. I have been following the thread and it is definitely time for something different for my DS (I am SO TIRED of washing ALL his bedding and herd of lovies every other night).

Thanks!
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3