Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackMom View Post
    I am a thin momma who loves her slings! I have a hotsling, a New Native, and a ring sling. I also have an ergo but thats obviously not a sling. The hotsling is my least favorite, the New Native was a nice snug fit when DS was really tine and the ring sling was nice because it was adjustable and made a hip carry really easy once DS was bigger.

I think a ring sling might be your best bet because you can adjust it to fit you whereas the pouches arent adjustable. Love my ring sling for when DS was new until he was about 10 months old where we went carrier-less until he was 1yr when I got the Ergo, my other love.
    What kind of ring sling do you have?

DD1 5/08
    DD2 6/11

ABO Mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The maya rs that I have is made of woven 100% cotton. It does not have vertical or horizontal stretch, but it does have diagonal stretch. I find that the lightly padded shoulder is very comfy to wear (the rails and tail are completely un-padded).

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

If you liked your Moby but not the bulk, what about a Baby K'tan? It basically uses the same principle minus the bulk. I never liked the huge amount of fabric on the moby and got rid of it before I had baby #3. I tend to use a ring sling (maya), a mei tei, an ergo, and my mom and me pea in a pod hemp fleece sling (ollllld sling from a long time ago!).

The k'tan holds are pretty much the same idea as the moby.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ahrimie View Post
    What kind of ring sling do you have?
    My mom actually made mine and taught me how to make them. She figured it out based on a Maya one that I borrowed from a friend.
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

Quote Originally Posted by brittone2 View Post
    If you liked your Moby but not the bulk, what about a Baby K'tan? It basically uses the same principle minus the bulk. I never liked the huge amount of fabric on the moby and got rid of it before I had baby #3. I tend to use a ring sling (maya), a mei tei, an ergo, and my mom and me pea in a pod hemp fleece sling (ollllld sling from a long time ago!).

The k'tan holds are pretty much the same idea as the moby.
    Oooohh, I'll have to look at that! I hope I can find it in a store to try out; plus the price point is perfect--not too much at all. Thanks for rec! If I could find a maya to try out, that'd be great but I've never seen them in a store. IRL, I've only seen a handful of mamas wear them and it was when I was visiting friends in another town.

DD1 5/08
    DD2 6/11

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The Balboa pouch is adjustable. I used one for a while when my daughter was born. I also have a Wrapsody wrap (2 actually), and an Ergo. I am a large woman, with a very large chest (up to size F when nursing), and I was able to get this pouch to work with me very comfortably. DD2 is a few days old in the pictures.

http://www.diapers.com/products/Balb...sy-Brown-26269

http://balboababy.com/adjustable.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lhafer; 04-10-2011 at 07:30 AM.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahrimie View Post
    Oooohh, I'll have to look at that! I hope I can find it in a store to try out; plus the price point is perfect--not too much at all. Thanks for rec! If I could find a maya to try out, that'd be great but I've never seen them in a store. IRL, I've only seen a handful of mamas wear them and it was when I was visiting friends in another town.
    Any chance you have a LLL or a baby wearing group in your area? You might be able to find another parent who would let you try it.

The only catch with finding one to borrow is that the k'tan is sized (I think runs big?), unlike the moby, so less easy to share between individuals.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Quote Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
    The Balboa pouch is adjustable. I used one for a while when my daughter was born. I also have a Wrapsody wrap (2 actually), and an Ergo. I am a large woman, with a very large chest (up to size F when nursing), and I was able to get this pouch to work with me very comfortably. DD2 is a few days old in the pictures.

http://www.diapers.com/products/Balb...sy-Brown-26269

http://balboababy.com/adjustable.html
    DARLING pictures!! The pouch is also really gorgeous

DD1 5/08
    DD2 6/11

I have this one. I'm not sure if it qualifies as a pouch or ringsling. It is adjustable, padded,and has a pocket.
    http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.as...94423&RN=7166&

I'm 5'5" and 120# for size reference and can adjust it for comfort. Did I mention i has a padded strap?????
    Last edited by MissAndi; 04-15-2011 at 05:53 AM.
    Andi
    Mommy to Little Monkey 2/11

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." — Albert Einstein
    "I believe in pink" - Audrey Hepburn

I would second the k'tan or a ring sling.

The k'tan is thinner but strechy like a moby.

Personally, I'm just not a pouch fan. A ring sling will give you a more customized fit and you can change positions as baby grows. I don't know of any strechy ring slings.

Make sure you check thebabywearer.com FSOT forum before you buy. I have seen both for half off retail or better in EUC.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Dena

Super Crunchy Mama to:
    ('06) The big guy

('09) The little guy

('12) and the diva

Learning to live with MSPI, FPIES and Food Allergies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2