Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    3blackcats is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Cute Easter Dessert Ideas?

I'd like to make a cute Easter dessert. Does anyone have any websites/ideas they have been looking at?

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I love the little chicks. A google search earlier led me to the bunnies, but I didn't see the chicks, that might be the winner

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

toasted coconut makes a great birds nest...add some malted "eggs" and you've got a cute cupcake topper.

peeps with the bottoms cut off of the bunny make a cute topper too. or use the bird peeps in the "nest" above

I did these one year
    http://whiskthis.com/easter-bunny-cupcakes/ and they weren't that hard. Mine actually were cuter than these I think

We make bunny cake every year - DD loves it. Here is the photo from last year - you can tell that the main decorators were under 5 it can be much more neatly done. It's very, very simple to make, just 2 round cakes, one is cut up for the ears & bow tie. I can post more specific instructions if desired.

Last edited by MommyAllison; 04-11-2011 at 07:16 PM.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

tamie is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Not cute, but looks so yummy! I am making PW's Pig Cake for Easter Sunday.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...=Google+Reader
    Tamie
    Blessed in April 2005 with boy/girl twins Katie & Brady

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    We make bunny cake every year - DD loves it. Here is the photo from last year - you can tell that the main decorators were under 5 it can be much more neatly done. It's very, very simple to make, just 2 round cakes, one is cut up for the ears & bow tie. I can post more specific instructions if desired.

I would love details I am very good at following directions, not so good at figuring it out by myself.

Ok, here are directions - let me know if anything isn't clear.

Bake 2 round cakes, whatever flavor you choose, and let cool completely. Then cut one of the cakes like this ) ( so that the middle is the bow tie shape, and the sides are the ears. The uncut cake will be the face.

Arrange the cake pieces on a large rimmed pan in the shape of the bunny - it's just a single layer cake.

Make frosting of choice - I do basic whipped cream, as I think the coconut/chocolate chips/jelly beans are plenty sweet, and the whipped cream makes it nice and light and springy to me. Frost the entire cake.

Open a few bags of shredded coconut and make up 2 smaller bowls & 1 large bowl. Leave the large bowl of coconut white, and tint the smaller bowls w/food coloring - 1 pink, 1 green (it doesn't take much food coloring at all - toss w/fork to completely distribute color).

Outline the bunny w/chocolate chips, including the inner ears and bow tie details.

Sprinkle coconut all over bunny & surrounding pan. We always do the same as the photo - green on the pan around the cake, pink on the bow tie & inner ears, white everywhere else - but you can do whatever you'd like!

We used jelly beans and string licorice to make the face last year - we've used sundrops (M&Ms), frosting for whiskers, more chocolate chips - whatever you like and can find.

Store in the fridge if you use whipped cream or another frosting that needs refrigeration. I leave ours out all afternoon on Easter with no problem, just refrigerate after eating dessert. Once refrigerated, the texture changes some - whipped cream & coconut gets firmer.

HTH! Let me know if you have any questions.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

I made for the kids' school party (and will do another batch for Easter lunch) Easter basket cupcakes.

Bake cupcakes (I did orange)
    frost with cream cheese frosting (I tinted it green but I was supposed to dye coconut green-but I hate coconut)
    place a few jellybeans or mini eggs-I used cadberry eggs-on top
    make a basket handle with twizzlers

They are so super duper cute! They really look like Easter baskets!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast