Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

OMG these are too funny. I have no real life examples but I did read a news article once of a girl who was named "Blacken" and their last name was White" .. yes.. her name was "Blacken White". She grew up and sued her parents for emotional distress throughout childhood.
    I don't blame her.

ETA - Oh no, I am so sorry. I just re-read the OP and you clearly mentioned the rules (we need to have met these people). Sorry to have posted but of course I don't want to delete. Please ignore me!
    Last edited by momm; 04-15-2011 at 12:58 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I had a friend in school named Blue because his dad liked a particular college football team.
    Blue is a girl name in my mind!

I have a cousin named Chord which I always thought was the dumbest name, but now there's that Chord Overstreet kid. So, I guess there are two people with the dumbest name.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have a friend whose name is Deja. When we met, she was going by "Gwen" because she was in love with the name Gwyneth; I actually thought that it was her middle name, but, no, it's not.

My one cousin's daughter is also named "Deja" but it's spelled "Daysia."

(Needless to say, I don't get the appeal of a name like this. Both of these folks have the same not-so-unusual middle name of "Marie.")

And recently I read of someone naming their kid "Marble" though I don't know them IRL, so they don't count. I think maybe it was a typo, seeing as how the other kids she has all seem to have more conventional names. I really hope that I read it wrong or it's a nickname and I just didn't catch on that it's a nickname or whatever ... I cannot wrap my head around naming your child something like that.

FWIW, the story in my family is that God named my brother Joseph. (Mom was convinced that she was carrying a girl and refused to consider boys' names; Dad was wondering, "well, what if it's a boy?" and was praying the rosary at church. He heard a voice telling him the baby would be "Joseph Edward" ... and that's how my brother was named. This broke my mom's unofficial rule of not naming any of her sons "John" or "Joseph", though. In Mom's family, you can't spit without hitting a John or a Joseph!)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

While "Love" may not be a traditional name, and not something I would name my own child--

Be careful what you say....Many people, myself included DO believe that as Christians God leads you to the right given name for your child. Just because you don't understand something, it's not a license to mock others religious beliefs.

Enough of the posts about those crazy God-believing people and the things they do.
    Last edited by daisymommy; 04-15-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

A girl who was a couple years behind me in high-school had a baby during her sophomore year and named the little girl Jealousy Tears. Her reasoning was that is what she felt when the baby-daddy broke up with her because she was pg and started seeing several other girls. My heart always broke for both of them. The mom was from a REALLY messed up family, the baby was born into it and was saddled with some of her moms baggage from birth.
    DSS biggest by far
    DD littler
    DS littlest

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My great grandmother's name was Champ Red Lastname. I am not sure where that came from though it sounds like a Kentucky Derby winner. I have a family full of "different" names. It was slim pickings when DH and I were trying to find family names for the kids!
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I went to school with a girl named Candy. Her last name was Cane.

No lie - I worked with someone named "Dick Clapp"

Another boy I grew up with was named "BJ" (which does not represent initials) - just BJ as the first name. As soon as he turned 18, he changed his name.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Went to school with a boy named Scott Scott. He always had issues when having to check in or list his name on paperwork and some well intentioned person was saying "No honey, I need your last name here, not your first."
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

I don't think Love is that weird. I've known more than one person named that, the oldest being a woman in her 60s. In fact, they've all been adults so maybe it's an old fashioned name?

I know someone named Five. Yes, like the number.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast