Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: You got bigger!

Default You got bigger!

Why do non-pregnant friends need to tell you that you look bigger each time they see you? Really I had no clue I was growing a human in here. I'm also 5'2" so the 10lbs that I have gained probably do look enormous on my frame but I don't need the reminder. Nothing I can do about it...at least not for another 3 months.

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ashleybama24 View Post
    Why do non-pregnant friends need to tell you that you look bigger each time they see you? Really I had no clue I was growing a human in here. I'm also 5'2" so the 10lbs that I have gained probably do look enormous on my frame but I don't need the reminder. Nothing I can do about it...at least not for another 3 months.
    Oh I know! (at least with my last pregnancy since only 3 mo's for this one and haven't told any friends/work peers so hopefully they aren't thinking that!).

With #1, was told that frequently and the kicker was when I posted a photo on FB during my 8th month and a friend who never posted pg photos of herself wrote "HOLY COW YOU'RE HUGE." thanks - won't be posting photos this time around!

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

When I was 4 months pregnant with DS2 my thoughtful, sweet mother in law (voice dripping with sarcasm) asked me if the doctor was sure I wasn't expecting twins because I was already so huge...I kid you not.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't know. I don't think it's meant in a bad way, as in "you're huge, fat and ugly"

It's just an observation, right?

People used to tell me that all the time, I'm 5'0", and pre-pregnancy I was quite skinny so looked like I gained a lot of weight and was shocking to many people. But it's like saying "Oh you have a new shirt" - not good or bad, it's an observation.

Did you all feel it was meant in a nasty way when said to you?

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have even put on less weight this time!!!! I think I've just hit Uncomfortable third trimester.

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

So sorry OP. It's as if pregnancy brings out every single insensitive comment out there!

This has really irked me this time with two. I am to the point where I am snapping back.

I keep getting "you are ready to go." " they will be here this week".

My response: I hope not because they would be premature. That usually shuts them up.

Like I'm not in enough physical discomfort and pain already, let's add the emotional distress of these comments.............ugggggh
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

This friend has children...and sees me almost daily so why does she need to randomly comment I look bigger than last time. I can't have grown THAT much overnight!

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ashleybama24 View Post
    This friend has children...and sees me almost daily so why does she need to randomly comment I look bigger than last time. I can't have grown THAT much overnight!
    LOL! oh my goodness.

Tell her that her nose looks bigger,

----------------------------------------------------------------

Seeeeeriously! I hear you. With DS, there were several friends who would exclaim "You're HUGE!" every time they saw me (which was like 3-4 times a week). I know they didn't mean it as an insult, but really, what can you say in reply? "Uhhh thanks." Yes, I'm pregnant. My belly is getting bigger. It is supposed to. Just like yours did when you were pregnant.

So not looking forward to these comments again!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

"Yes, but eventually *I* will have this baby and get smaller immediately. What is your plan??"
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast