Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: You got bigger!

I have the whole gambit of comments this time around. You're small for 7 months....you're all belly...I can't tell your pregnant from the back, well except that you waddle....wow that baby has DROPPED.....you look ready to pop, how much longer?.....you got bigger since I saw you last week....look at those skinny legs!

I am smaller this time than last time, am all belly (and boobs) but gave up caring about weight gain especially since it's been so radical. One month I put on 5lbs the next I lose a lb. Since I think 2 kids is going to be it, I'm starting to get a little sad that never again will I get to experience this. Or have people give up their seats for me. Or eat tons of ice cream and have an excuse. Or wear form fitting clothing and have people compliment me! Seriously when else can you be 20-70 lbs overweight and have people tell you that you look amazing? Or have my toddler pull up my shirt to give his "brother" kisses!

Quote Originally Posted by ashleybama24 View Post
    Or have my toddler pull up my shirt to give his "brother" kisses!
    We're in the same boat...2 is probably going to be it for us...and I will really miss DS doing the same...only he pulls up my shirt and give his brother hugs more frequently than kisses...and when he does give kisses they are big, sloppy kisses...though cute and funny!

DS also figured out how to give zuberts/zerberts/raspberries and it is super funny when he gives them without warning! Or does it in public.

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have the whole gambit of comments this time around. You're small for 7 months....you're all belly...I can't tell your pregnant from the back, well except that you waddle....wow that baby has DROPPED.....you look ready to pop, how much longer?.....you got bigger since I saw you last week....look at those skinny legs!

I am smaller this time than last time, am all belly (and boobs) but gave up caring about weight gain especially since it's been so radical. One month I put on 5lbs the next I lose a lb. Since I think 2 kids is going to be it, I'm starting to get a little sad that never again will I get to experience this. Or have people give up their seats for me. Or eat tons of ice cream and have an excuse. Or wear form fitting clothing and have people compliment me! Seriously when else can you be 20-70 lbs overweight and have people tell you that you look amazing? Or have my toddler pull up my shirt to give his "brother" kisses!
    Enjoy the last bit of your pregnancy...my SIL used to say that everyone is so wonderful to you when you're pregnant and that once you have the baby, and really need the kindness and the assistance, you're just another mom with a baby!
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

I'm sure it's worse with the second and third child etc because people assume you know what you are doing. I've heard going from 1 to 2 is harder than 0 to 1 especially because you have less help. People want to come see the newborn and never want to take your older child(ren) off your hands!

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm sure it's worse with the second and third child etc because people assume you know what you are doing. I've heard going from 1 to 2 is harder than 0 to 1 especially because you have less help. People want to come see the newborn and never want to take your older child(ren) off your hands!
    Our twins are almost 6 weeks, and we still have not had a single person come over for this reason. There is no way I can "entertain" people looking at the boys or trying to touch them, simply to satisfy their need to see the babies, while not helping me at all. My uncles have complained so much but really do not realize what is happening in our house at all.....and you bet no one will take DD or ODS to play when they come to visit here.

I'd rather be here, unshowered, frazzled, hungry and emotional , alone. No one needs to come over and make it worse!
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

I love the people that come over and are uncomfortable because you are bf-ing. This is my house...I shouldn't have to wear a cover or go banish myself to a back room because you decide to just stop by. I literally had one childless friend that saw me bf-ing and literally hasn't called me since!

I just wanted to comment that this was not my case. Going from 1-2 was easier for me than 0-1. I knew what I was in for, I was already used to having my life run by a kid, and I knew a baby wasn't going to suffer ill effects if I let him fuss for a minute or two while I finished something with DS1 or going to the bathroom. I also say - if someone wants to come see the newborn, so be it. Feel free to hold the baby while I actually spend a few undivided minutes with DS1 or get a quick shower. I remember missing my time with DS1 so much for the first month or two after DS2 was born since we didn't have nearly the amount of one-on-one interaction as we did before.

Not saying it wasn't a challenge, but it doesn't have to be harder. Enjoy the last few weeks of your pregnancy. Baby will be here soon!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4