Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: You got bigger!

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    "Yes, but eventually *I* will have this baby and get smaller immediately. What is your plan??"

that's awesome my personal pet peeve is that everyone thinks they can touch your belly! I mean I know it's bigger, but it's still mine! I have laid down the law this time, even with MIL
    mommy to the loves of my life ds (Oct. 2008) and dd (Aug. 2011)

My first pregnancy I was still working and MEN would walk up and touch my belly and ask how I was feeling. Women and other moms didn't bother me but the men creeped me out. I'm not Buddha, you don't need to rub my belly for good luck! Quickly let it be known that was not ok.

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Men at work were the worst - thankfully no belly touching (that is WEIRD), but awkward conversation. One started talking about his wife's delivery (dilation, #cm) with 3 other men and me in the circle..um, ok, not normal.

Another (after he found out I was pg) said he knew something was up since I looked different. I said (in jest), oh you mean I looked fat? He stuttered and said, well you just lost weight for your wedding and then, well, um (then he just walked away). UM OK SHUT UP.

There is one girl at work that commented that I really "popped" last week, and she was right. At least she had the good sense to follow it up with, "You look really great, though..."

I didn't mind so much. I prefer the "bigger" comments to the "Oh, you look tired" comments.

Really, I look tired? I'm growing a person in me, I have a toddler, I work full time, I commute an hour each way and am putting in 9-10 hrs a day, and I'm just recovering from 2 mo of horrible "morning" sickness. Do you think maybe I AM tired?!

One of my co-workers asked me if I was "sure" that the doctor got the due date right and then concluded that they must be missing the twins because I was "just SO HUGE!"

I always wanted to respond "Thank you! So are you!"
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabbyO View Post
    There is one girl at work that commented that I really "popped" last week, and she was right. At least she had the good sense to follow it up with, "You look really great, though..."

I didn't mind so much. I prefer the "bigger" comments to the "Oh, you look tired" comments.

Really, I look tired? I'm growing a person in me, I have a toddler, I work full time, I commute an hour each way and am putting in 9-10 hrs a day, and I'm just recovering from 2 mo of horrible "morning" sickness. Do you think maybe I AM tired?!

Are you me? -this sounds like me, lol. Except the ms wasn't horrible, so I'm sorry you had that piece too. Still, I'm not telling work this time around until wk 18 or so, so here I am at 14 wks trying to hide my belly (unbutton pants at my desk) and sneaking in dr. appts.

Quote Originally Posted by janine View Post
    [/COLOR]

Are you me? -this sounds like me, lol. Except the ms wasn't horrible, so I'm sorry you had that piece too. Still, I'm not telling work this time around until wk 18 or so, so here I am at 14 wks trying to hide my belly (unbutton pants at my desk) and sneaking in dr. appts.
    I guess I'm you, except I couldn't hide it at work after the numerous sprints to the bathroom. The clincher was when I nearly got sick on my boss while discussing a project....

Thankfully the ms is gone...just getting my energy back now. I just can't get over the fact that my mom is the one that say's I look tired most frequently...

It absolutely drove me crazy how much people commented on my size.

Although I had to admit...it felt pretty good 3 months post partum to go back to work and have those same people call me "tiny." I guess some people just have to comment on your weight gain or loss, even if it's normal and natural and for a good cause!
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

Quote Originally Posted by Beth24 View Post
    When I was 4 months pregnant with DS2 my thoughtful, sweet mother in law (voice dripping with sarcasm) asked me if the doctor was sure I wasn't expecting twins because I was already so huge...I kid you not.
    Why, MIL? Is that what your doctor asked you? Doesn't he know you're post-menopausal?

The nerve of some people...

Call me crazy, but I loved it when people noticed. I'm short, I was a sphere, but I felt so damn cute. Sometimes I walked sway-backed just so I looked MORE pregnant.

And then in the last trimester, I was so uncomfortable, I welcomed it when people said "any day now!" I kept telling myself maybe they were right...maybe I miscalculated my dates and I could actually give birth at any minute. (Given that I delivered a 7.5 lb baby at 36.5 weeks, they might have been right.)

I never felt like people were trying to be mean or rude. Most people see pregnancy as beautiful and exciting, so that's how I took it.
    Beaming mom to DS born 10/20/2010.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast