Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    PMJ is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Brazilian Wax... my 1st

Just got my 1st Brazilian wax. It did not hurt as much as I thought, though.... I'm just not sure.

When I first looked down, the 1st thing that I thought was, 'Oh, I look like DD now"...

Do you feel less womanly when you do this? I'm sure the answer is no, but just curious!
    I tend to trim and keep it short, so I don't feel like it gets in the way, which is why I guess most people do waxing in the first place.

-------------------------
    Thanks for your time!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I won't do it bc I feel like it's just odd not to have at least something there since I'm an adt. Glad it didn't hurt much though!!

Beth

Toba is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I did it once about two years ago. Didn't hurt as much as I thought either, but that line down the middle where they put the cool wax ... ouchie. You can leave some hair down there. When I went, the waxer asked me if I wanted a short strip of hair on top or have it all off. I had it all taken off. I did it for DH, who looooooved it, but I haven't gone back yet. I know he likes it better waxed, I just don't know if I'm ready to go through the embarrassment (I am *extremely* introverted) again.

I find the no hair thing weird. Pre pubescent girls have no hair. Or natives in the Amazon rain forest. I am neither. I shave and keep things neat but there is hair there.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i always leave a strip or triangle because neither DH or I care for the completely bare look. when i was pregnant with dd2, i wanted to try shapes (the lady i went to was great with making shapes) but i wanted to wait until after i had the baby (so it wouldn't be hidden by my big belly). i haven't been back since having dd2, but when i do, i will try some shapes for fun.

I prefer to be completely bare. I don't know... it makes me feel cleaner... if that makes sense. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do it myself all the time nor can I afford to get it done lately.
    Vanessa

Full-time mommy to Miss Yumi ('08)

couldn't resist

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My bikini line maintenance routine is more DIY now, but when I would get waxes regularly, I liked everything completely removed "underneath" but ALWAYS kept a triangle in the "front". I got everything off once and I didn't like it either. I need a little something in front.
    DD
    DS

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post

Couldn't resist
    DD
    DS

liamsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

As a woman with two tattoos and who has enjoyed the pleasantries of natural childbirth, when I think of Brazilian/Bikini waxes, all that comes to mind is, "Holy !@#*--That must hurt!!!" I have shaved it all off before and I don't care for the look, although DH does. It does remind me of being a little girl which does not get me in the mood. I also prefer having some hair so I'm not so "naked" at the OB-GYN, lol.

However, I'm a little intrigued by the waxing process now that I hear it doesn't really hurt. Maybe I'll have the sides done when summer is finally here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast