Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Party Planner

Default Party Planner

Who gets a party planner for their child's first birthday???

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The phrase "eff you money" comes to mind ...
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I know this is the BP, but my BFF just had her son's 1st birthday party and did have an event coordinator put it together- it was a beautiful celebration. She and her DH are both in their final year of residency and didn't have time to plan a party, so she outsourced it and it was a wonderful event.

I can't imagine it in my world. But obviously people do it.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Why not? If you can afford it, go for it. It's super stressful to plan one even if it's not fancy. If I have money to pay to NOT have to stress out about the planning and the running around, I would do it. Unfortunately, we're poor so I can only dream about it. In the meantime, I'll be planning and getting stuff done by myself.
    Vanessa

Full-time mommy to Miss Yumi ('08)

Around here the 1st birthdays are BBQ's with a bouncy house and a smash cake. For an older child where you don't have time and lots of extra money to spend why not but for a baby who won't remember??? I just think it sets up unrealistic expectations for a lifetime of elaborate celebrations.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I've learned from posters on here that for some cultures the 1st b-day is a very elaborate event and parents need to make it such. Some of the parties I have heard about on here are completely foreign to me but I understand now that there are some family expectations that make the be more party than I would have.

Beth

Completely understand and respect different cultural practices. The person I was venting about is just really into parties and went over the top even redecortating her home and buying a new highchair to color coordinate with the theme.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ashleybama24 View Post
    Completely understand and respect different cultural practices. The person I was venting about is just really into parties and went over the top even redecortating her home and buying a new highchair to color coordinate with the theme.
    Ok, now that is over the top!!! I did decorate ds2's high chair and made sure the area around the high chair was decorated to look good in pics but that's about it!

Beth

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Ok, now that is over the top!!! I did decorate ds2's high chair and made sure the area around the high chair was decorated to look good in pics but that's about it!

Beth
    The closest I got to decorating my DD's high chair for her party was washing the pads and buying a splat mat & matching bib.

Oh and we rented a conference room at a business hotel because our house just isn't big enough (or ADA compliant enough) to host the family.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast