Default If you get laser hair removal...

Do they prep the area in any way right before treatment? I bought some sessions on groupon, and the woman doesn't even use an alcohol wipe before she uses the laser on the area.

It's been a few years since my last treatment, but if I remember correctly they gave me glasses to protect my eyes and then applied some sort of gel on the area.

Quote Originally Posted by lmr1101 View Post
    ...they gave me glasses to protect my eyes and then applied some sort of gel on the area.
    . My lady puts a cool gel- I guess it kinda numbs the area against the hot laser.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

Quote Originally Posted by lmr1101 View Post
    ...they gave me glasses to protect my eyes and then applied some sort of gel on the area.
    Just had my second treatment last week. She applies a thick layer of ultrasound gel. It doesn't numb or disinfect,though. I think it's more for the function of the laser.
    DS1 3/02
    DS2 2/09

It's been a few years since I did it, and there are different types of lasers. I arrived for my apt with a numbing gel on so she'd wipe it off and then use the (ruby?) laser - didn't apply anything extra.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Just had my first treatment a week or so ago and the only thing she did was give me eye protection and wipe off my deodorant (which I was not supposed to wear, anyway). At the end, she put aloe on the affected areas. Next time, I'm going to use numbing gel before hand like a PP mentioned.
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Hmmm... Mine does not use any type of gel (the laser is Cynosure, maybe it doesn't require gel?) or anything to numb the pain. It was pretty painful; I must say, a lot more than I expected.

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sansdieu View Post
    Hmmm... Mine does not use any type of gel (the laser is Cynosure, maybe it doesn't require gel?) or anything to numb the pain. It was pretty painful; I must say, a lot more than I expected.
    Give them a call and see if you can get a script for a numbing gel. The place I go does not provide it on-site, but I can get it in advance and apply before I arrive.
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010