Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Online Shoe-Shopping in Canada? Recommendations?

I noticed today that Zappos Canada has shut down. I'd ordered DD2's Tsukihoshis from there last summer and I was going to see if they had any styles on sale this season!

Where else can I shop for shoes for my kids on-line for delivery in Canada? I know about Tiny Soles and know that LLB and LE ship to Canada, but I was wondering if there was anything else out there that I'm missing!
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Try -

theshoecompany.com
    softmoc.com
    globoshoes.com

Cool!

I discovered that www.jamtots.com also has some good options - they carry Pedipeds (original, Grip & Go, and Flex), some Robeez, SKR, and Stride Rite ...
    ~ Laura

Online ordering of any type w/in Canada is a joke. It hasn't come much further than it was 10 years ago. Many stores have websites, but you can't order from them. Or they only show store hours, directions, and the weekly flier (like Zeller's and the Bay which *had* real websites, and now do not). My DH maintains that this is because Canada does not have an online ordering "culture" like in the US, though I"m not quite sure where he gets this from.

That said, I've ordered shoes from this Vancouver store: http://www.pinkyblue.ca/ Softmoc looks intriguing to me as well, and they often come up in searches, but I've never ordered from them. Most of the Canadian baby "speciality" stores have such big markups that are NOT reflective of our stronger dollar that I don't order. Mind you, I have the advantage of a US address via my parents so I will often ship to them instead and then have them bring them up or keep them until we visit.

I've never ordered from Zappos.ca, but I did hear about their closing because it was too difficult for them to ensure delivery when dealing with customs (they shipped from the US), though there are a number of US stores that have shippped to Canada for years.

These are the stores that take Can. credit cards but ship in the US:
    Target
    Nordstrom (will ship to Canada, but it costs thru the teeth).

Take Can. Credit cards and ship to Canada:
    JCrew
    LLBean
    Lands End
    Hanna Andersson
    REI and EMS but I think you owe customs/duty w/both upon receipt, not upon ordering, like the others in this list
    Boden (but you need the UK site, not the US one)
    Banana/Gap/Old Navy - but the prices on the Can. site are NOT reflective in any way of the exchange rate, and it's not possible to use a Can. CC on the US site to circumvent their price inflation
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Quote Originally Posted by MontrealMum View Post
    It hasn't come much further than it was 10 years ago.
    I am inclined to agree with that, as sad as it makes me feel!

Also, I've used my Canadian credit card for purchases on the US Old Navy/Gap/Etc website successfully before, as recently as last month. I was sending stuff to friend's house in California, if that makes a difference.
    ~ Laura