AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Disneyland on Mothers Day, is this a bad idea?

Any BTDT experience?

I was wondering if someone could look up on one of those Disneyland boards that predicts attendance? I was thinking I would like to go on that date (although May 15th, and May 22nd might work also), but it's also Mothers Day.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I've never done it, but I've heard Fathers Day is PACKED. I don't know about Mothers Day...maybe it's not as bad because Fathers Day seems more like a day for Dad to do things with the kids, and Mothers Day seems more like a day to cater to mom and Grandmom. (maybe just my assessment!)
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I thought there was a thread about Mother's Day at DL on DisBoards... but I can't find it. Hmmm, I will keep looking.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't know, but twice recently we've gone on a weekday, only to hear from someone after the fact that such-and-such Sunday (near the time we went) wasn't crowded at all!

So maybe people are starting to avoid the weekends, thinking they'll be more crowded, and actually leading to smaller crowds.

Also, Sunday would be less popular than Saturday because people have to go to work the next day. Which is why we never go on a Sunday.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

If it's anything like the zoo on Mothers' Day then no way. No idea if it is like that but I thought I was being pretty cool taking the kids to the zoo last year that day and it was the most crowded day I have ever seen! I'd think a family oriented place like DL would be an issue too.

Beth

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    I don't know, but twice recently we've gone on a weekday, only to hear from someone after the fact that such-and-such Sunday (near the time we went) wasn't crowded at all!

So maybe people are starting to avoid the weekends, thinking they'll be more crowded, and actually leading to smaller crowds.

Also, Sunday would be less popular than Saturday because people have to go to work the next day. Which is why we never go on a Sunday.
    We have the Southern California pass so most times we go we go on a Sunday, and we like it because almost all of the times we have gone it has been less crowded than when we've very occaisionaly gone on a weekday during non peak times. We did go one Sunday last year in March and it was way more crowded than normal but that was because it was right before spring break.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Back in the 80s I worked for a local theme park (more thrill rides than Disney) and Mother's Day was packed with dads and kids (no moms). Funny enough, Father's Day was also packed with families (moms included this time).
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.