Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Congratulations! What a happy day for your family!
    Jennifer
    Mommy to a big girl and a little girl with a sweet boy in the middle (and always missing our sweet baby boy #2, stillborn 7/12)

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow and we are its makers." Juliette Gordon Low

Gena is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Congratulations! What a happy day.

I've said this before, but as an adult adoptee I love how finalizations are a celebration these days. When I was adopted, my parents and I never went to court; the finalization was done in the judge's chambers with just the agency representative and social worker. Afterwards, my parents got a call saying, "It's done" and the official paperwork showed up sometime later. It was all so shameful and covert back then. I'm so happy things are different now.
    Gena

DS, age 11 and always amazing

“Autistics are the ultimate square pegs, and the problem with pounding a square peg into a round hole is not that the hammering is hard work. It's that you're destroying the peg." - Paul Collins, Not Even Wrong

Wow, thanks for all of the kind wishes! Everything went well this morning, as expected. DS1 even managed to hold himself together so we didn't have to do any major child-wrangling :-) We took the kids out for breakfast afterward, and ordered them banana pancakes with chocolate chips and peanut butter sauce as a special treat....they both ignored the pancakes COMPLETELY but ate up all of the bacon. Go figure!

Congratulations!

Catherine

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

What beautiful news for your family, about the finalization and your DS1's love for his brother!
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

Congratulations
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2