Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: so tired

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default so tired

i am so sick of waking every morning feeling like total crap. i havent' slept more than 3 hours at a stretch since my DD was born 7 weeks ago. my head is throbbing, and every joint and muscle in my body aches. at the end of every day i just feel like collapsing.

i know that we planned this on having 2 so close together, but i did not plan on DD being a preemie, and using up all our help while she was in the NICU so when we brought her home we were all on our own. i did not plan that when she is 7 weeks old she is still is like a 2week old in terms of feeding/sleeping, nor did i expect that she would want to be held all.the.time (DS was not like that at all). i did not plan on DS to get sick so often

i keep waiting for it to get easier, and hoping that some day i can get a full night's sleep...

kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

hugs, sweetie

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh no! I know you said that people helped you while DD was in the NICU but any chance you can get someone to come over for just a couple hours so that you can decompress a little? The first weeks are so hard!!
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

There is no "end of the day", right? It's just one really really really really long day.

One day you'll sleep again! Your DD sounds like she's going to be a handfull- soon you'll reap the benefits when she is a little older and can hold her own against DS

But yeah, totally agree - it sucks when you're in the middle of it. Hoping your DD starts sleeping longer at night very soon!

So sorry. This is the toughest part! I hope you baby sleeps better soon. I know this was the most miserable part for me as well!
    SAHM to:

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    There is no "end of the day", right? It's just one really really really really long day.
    this is it, exactly. a few months ago, when i had a rough day with DS at least after about 10pm there was time to relax for a few moments and look forward to ~7 hrs of sleep. whereas now, there is no "end of day" its just time when my DS is asleep (hopefully) so i only have my DD. and then at 8am, it's time to do it all over again..it's like a neverending marathon!

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

maybe you could hire a sitter this weekend? even if it was for a few hours during the day. let DH play with DS for a bit. get sitter to help with baby. not sure if you're nursing, but if so, sitter could bring baby for you to nurse. and then just do the job of holding/soothing baby in between while you sleep.
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Night nurse. You need a night nurse. Just one or two days a week so you can get yourself together and get a few decent nights sleep. I was totally going to do this with DD and even had someone lined up but then DD turned out to be super-easy. I was surprised but in my area a night nurse, who is not usually a nurse per se, runs about $12-14 an hour. They will bring the baby to your bed to BF if that is what you want.

I did use a nanny three days per week - - our nanny also straightens the house, deals with dishes, and does laundry so it was an extra pair of hands even more than straight childcare. It actually freed me up alot to snuggle with DD and nurse and also to take care of myself, get to the doctor, get to the gym, etc. I don't regret a penny of that money spent.
    ds 2007
    dd 2010
    baby dd 2014

thanks again everyone...wow at the moments both kids are finally asleep (a miracle!) and i have a few moments to type while my lunch is heating up

about getting help, thankfully the sitter is coming for a few hours this afternoon to watch my son. i still haven't had anyone sit for DD since she's still nursing so often and isn't on a predictable schedule. plus i often have the sitter take DS to the park to let him run around and that can't really be done as effectively (IMO) if she has to watch my DD as well.

anyway, my DD is definitely a drama queen...so different from my DS. DD has to be held all the time. sometimes i have to put her down for 2 minutes so i can go to the bathroom, and she screams her head off, as if her world is ending. she screams so hard she turns red, and when i finally pick her up she immediately stops and is panting from all the screaming. my DS wasn't like this.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    thanks again everyone...wow at the moments both kids are finally asleep (a miracle!) and i have a few moments to type while my lunch is heating up

about getting help, thankfully the sitter is coming for a few hours this afternoon to watch my son. i still haven't had anyone sit for DD since she's still nursing so often and isn't on a predictable schedule. plus i often have the sitter take DS to the park to let him run around and that can't really be done as effectively (IMO) if she has to watch my DD as well.

anyway, my DD is definitely a drama queen...so different from my DS. DD has to be held all the time. sometimes i have to put her down for 2 minutes so i can go to the bathroom, and she screams her head off, as if her world is ending. she screams so hard she turns red, and when i finally pick her up she immediately stops and is panting from all the screaming. my DS wasn't like this.
    She'd get along well with my drama queens (especially DD2).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast