Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: so tired

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

^so true about the preemie thing. i thot, hey, DD was only 5-6 weeks early so it should be no biggie, right? Wrong. it makes such a huge difference. the newborn stage was rough with my DS (born at 38wks) but i remember that at 7 weeks of age he was already sleeping in his own crib in his own room, for 4-5 hour stretches at a time. by then he was very alert, awake during good chunks of time during the day. whereas now at 7weeks old my DD (34/35 weeker) is still very much like a newborn...it seems most of her "awake time" is just to cry for food or whatever. at night she still in the cosleeper in our room, wants to be held by us or wants to be in our bed. she doesn't like sleeping in her crib at all (it still feels too big for her, i imagine). at night she will go (sometimes!) for 5 hours between feedings, but she wont' be asleep between feedings..it may take an hour to get trhu a feeding and to get to sleep, and then 1 or 2 hours later she will wake up screaming, i or dh will hold her in the rocker, then maybe 1 or 2 hrs after that she will need to nurse again.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 04-28-2011 at 07:25 PM.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

That sounds so so hard! It will end at some point though! Just take it day by day until that blessed day comes!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I don't know if it would help your dh feel comfortable, but our night nurse actually was a nurse, an RN, so she had had a background check to get her license. And I talked with references. Other people at her agency who were not nurses had also had background checks done. Ours was a godsend.

Catherine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3