Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Britax B-Agile: a BJCM knock-off but skinnier!

http://www.babygizmo.com/news/britaxbagile2011.php

The britax site says the width is only 22.75". The seat dimensions look the same. The canopy is similar with one less peekaboo window. The fold is the same with a safety button added. The harness looks awesome and a major improvement to the BJ one. The recline looks the same, maybe slightly less. Doesn't have the mesh pocket in back but does have a more accessible basket. MSRP is $249.

Oh yea. Forgot the best part. I sold my BJCM because I kept kicking the brake. Britax moved the back bar up and curved it. The brake is on the right wheel. Looks like I could walk with a full stride with the B-Agile.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

too funny, i cannot believe how closely they copied the mini! i still like the mini better
    ds- 4
    dd- 2 1/2

bob revol in navy/gray
    ingslesina swift in black on black in my car
    happy!

Does it weigh more or less than the Mini?

Britax is really in to copying other people's stroller designs. The Blink is almost an exact copy of a Maclaren, but heavier. So that's why I wondered about the weight of the B-Agile.

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

And just when I ordered a BJCM. I don't think I could hold out until July though.
    mom to DD1 (17), DD2 (14) and DS (9)

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    Does it weigh more or less than the Mini?

Britax is really in to copying other people's stroller designs. The Blink is almost an exact copy of a Maclaren, but heavier. So that's why I wondered about the weight of the B-Agile.
    Britax claims it weighs less at 16.5 (.4 lbs less).

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

same weight. i like the mini's fabric better and i just the mini is cuter...but i love that stroller as it was my one and only with my first for a looong time (Well long for me, a whole year!!!!)
    ds- 4
    dd- 2 1/2

bob revol in navy/gray
    ingslesina swift in black on black in my car
    happy!

Oooh, I like the automatic lock on the fold. I hate that the BJCE doesn't lock when folded. I like the safety button too. I think they are legally required to have something like that and the Baby Jogger solution is pretty lame since no one uses it.

We were just complaining about MB only coming out with one color and now this britax is only in 2 colors. Boo. Why couldn't it be available in the emerald green. Not that I need it anyway. A BJCM knock-off is not going to bounce the Bee out of 1st position. Even if my youngest is almost 2 I still love having her parent facing.

Quote Originally Posted by roseyloxs View Post
    We were just complaining about MB only coming out with one color and now this britax is only in 2 colors. Boo. Why couldn't it be available in the emerald green. Not that I need it anyway. A BJCM knock-off is not going to bounce the Bee out of 1st position. Even if my youngest is almost 2 I still love having her parent facing.
    So funny because I just thought the only thing that would make me buy this is if it came in emerald green.... oh well!

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't like it. Maybe if they would have made the handlebar adjustable, that would have been an improvement over the Mini. Britax seems to rip-off other stroller companies a lot. But the B-ready seems like their only successful model. The B-scene & b-nimble aren't exactly popular. And the poor Blink never had any buzz until the price was severely slashed.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast