Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Carrier for summer

What is the best carrier/wrap/sling for a newborn in the summer so we both don't melt?

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hands down a woven gauze wrap like the GymsyMama/Wrapsody Bali Breeze would be my first choice, with an EllaRoo (which is my personal wrap) running a close second.

Once your baby has good head control, I don't think you can go too wrong with an Ergo Performance, which has hiking pack padding on the straps to "lift" them off your shoulders and wick-away fabric, though it's fairly shiny because it's synthetic and not cotton like the original Ergo.

Lastly, I would still recommend the Beco Gemini - its slim profile and thinner padding make it a decent choice, though it is cotton with poly batting.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

ABO Mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

A wrapsody wrap, or a linen ring sling (sleepingbaby is a good place to look for one).

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I got a thin woven wrap (Vatanai) and a linen blend Didymos but I also considering getting a linen ring sling. I'm just not as into slings as wraps or other carriers because they're not totally hands free and I need that with my 3 yr old son running around!
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

liamsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I like the Action Baby Carrier. Much thinner and lighter material than my Ergo.

http://www.heavenlyhold.com/category...by-Carrier.htm

I haven't tried it yet (it's coming Wed), but K'tan is making a version of their carrier that is partially breathable fabric:

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Ktan-Bree...4400019&sr=1-1
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

I found the K'Tan didn't provide as much support when the baby got bigger. I need to look into these woven wraps or slings. They look beautiful in the photos online!

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I know there are lighter and more breathable materials out there, but I think any babywearing situation will be warmish. I mean, we're cuddling a little heat source right up against ourselves!

I think there was a similar post her or on the babywearer last year, and somebody else pointed out how hot babies probably get inside those dark-colored strollers and baby buckets (just in comparison). The nice thing about wearing the baby is that you're in tune with their body temp.

Of course, that's easy for me to say ... I live in the Pacific NW where our summers are nice and moderate!

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009

what about a moby wrap, will that be cool?

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wrapsody Bali Breeze!! I sent you a PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast