Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Just when things were starting to get better..

..I catch a stomach bug. A HORRIBLE one. i swear, i havent' been this sick in a couple decades. i can barely keep water down. Am up most of the night feeling sick and/or running to the bathroom. my 2month old dd ended up sleeping from 9pm to 9am only needing to nurse once a 2am...Of course I didn't get to rest or sleep at all though. And now I have to figure how I'm gonna handle the kids all day without passing out from dehydration.

i love being a SAHM, but i must say, the thing that sucks most about it is not being able to take a day off when you're sick.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 05-12-2011 at 10:29 AM.

BabyH is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    ..I catch a stomach bug. A HORRIBLE one. i swear, i havent' been this sick in a couple decades. i can barely keep water down. Am up most of the night feeling sick and/or running to the bathroom. my 2month old dd ended up sleeping from 9pm to 9am only needing to nurse once a 2am...Of course I didn't get to rest or sleep at all though. And now I have to figure how I'm gonna handle the kids all day without passing out from dehydration.

i love being a SAHM, but i must say, the thing that sucks most about it is not being able to take a day off when you're sick.
    Oh that's the worst. Especially while nursing because you are limited to what you can take. You poor thing.

But you're right, SAHMs have no sick days! Can you call a friend/mom/MIL/relative/neighbor/trustworthy pet <grin> to help out?

PS) Try pedialyte!! Or the stuff called "BRAT" from BRU.

oh, thats the worst. I am sorry. I hope the children are good to you today and take plenty of naps!
    ~ N

DD 12/10

thanx, the kids have been good so far, but it's only 10am (hehe). and we don't have any family nearby to help out (i've been feeling the sting of this quite hard after having DD...it's so hard when one of us or one of the kids gets sick).

yeah, i need to get some gatorade or some pedialyte. between this and nursing i'm shocked how im still hydrated enough to function. i am just hoping i can still produce enough for my DD..last night i really felt like i didn't have enough milk.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This really is the worst part of being a SAHM. And (not that this will make you feel any better, but maybe a little?) having family nearby doesn't necessarily help if you have family members who don't want to get sick. We used to have our family help when I got really sick as a SAHM, but after having Grandma get sick a couple of times (and it takes her FOREVER to recover), we stopped asking, and she was glad of it. My mom was still working FT so she couldn't help either.

The best we could do was have my DH take a PTO day to help me and we did that a couple of times when I've gotten REALLY sick (which it sounds like you are) - so don't feel bad about asking! If it's possible for your DH to take a PTO day to help, or for him to make up his work on a weekend when you're well, do it!!!

Hope you get better very soon!

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ugh. I am sorry. We got hit with the stomach bug here two weekends ago. DS1 and then me and then DH. Luckily DS2 didn't get it.

Hope the kiddos cooperate and you get to feeling better. Can DH come home for lunch and bring you some gatorade and or pedialyte or take the rest of the day off?
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

thanks all. and luckily DH was able to take some of the morning off to feed DS his breakfast and run to the drugstore to get pedialyte, gatorade etc.

also lukcily our sitter is coming later in the afternoon to watch DS for a few hrs, so at least then i will only have DD, who requires less energy (as long as i'm either nursing or holding her, she's good ) i hope she gets the antibodies from the breastmilk and doesn't get sick herself.

i'm just crossing my fingers my DS doesn't get sick!!

Feel better! Glad you are getting some help. The good thing about stomach flues is that they don't last long.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    thanks all. and luckily DH was able to take some of the morning off to feed DS his breakfast and run to the drugstore to get pedialyte, gatorade etc.

also lukcily our sitter is coming later in the afternoon to watch DS for a few hrs, so at least then i will only have DD, who requires less energy (as long as i'm either nursing or holding her, she's good ) i hope she gets the antibodies from the breastmilk and doesn't get sick herself.

i'm just crossing my fingers my DS doesn't get sick!!
    OH good! Glad you have some help this afternoon. Get some rest!
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I got really sick from stomach bugs after I gave birth both times. It totally sucked. I am so sorry. I so sympathize. Hope you feel better soon!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast