pepa is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default Press 'n Pull Plug Protectors by Safety 1st

we got this in March, this past weekend DD 11 1/2 decided to take them all from the wall, what plugs protectors do you have that actually works?

I cant believe that lasted for two months, and that Safety 1st actually sell them! they are not protection at alll

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The best thing we've found so far is putting furniture in front of the outlets! For other outlets, we use the Press and Pull ones because they blend in with our white outlet faceplates, and DD seems to ignore them (out of sight, out of mind I guess). We use these for outlets we don't actually use. They are so childproof that they are adult proof as well. I have literally killed my fingers trying to get them out, and I've thrown away all that I have actually removed. The only ones left in the house are those that are in outlets we never use---because I don't feel like trying to remove them! So they are a good solution only for those types of outlets. What about a faceplate where you have to slide or rotate part of the faceplate to get to the slots?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    We use these for outlets we don't actually use. They are so childproof that they are adult proof as well. I have literally killed my fingers trying to get them out, and I've thrown away all that I have actually removed. The only ones left in the house are those that are in outlets we never use---because I don't feel like trying to remove them! So they are a good solution only for those types of outlets. What about a faceplate where you have to slide or rotate part of the faceplate to get to the slots?
    They are so so hard to get out! We have the faceplates that slide on outlets we use frequently (for plugging in the vacuum, a fan, humidifier, etc).
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.