Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: If you CD...

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    Someone asked about wipes:
    When they were little and I changed several diapers when we were out, I would put a few wet cloth wipes in a ziplock bag, and toss that in the diaper bag. They also fit well in used hard case travel wipes packs, and you can buy little zipper bags for them.

When they get/got to the age that I was changing only one diaper each time I was out, I used a sposie wipe...and sometimes a sposie diaper too, not going to lie! But anymore than one wipe in a day and they get a red bum, no matter what brand I use.
    I keep forgetting to bring wet wipes in a ziploc when we are out and about. Whenever we have a messy diaper, I cringe and wish we were home and didn't have to use sposie wipes. I seriously have to use 5 or 7 for 1 or 2 cloth wipes. We use Nature Babycare sensitive unscented wipes, and I don't think she gets red from them. They're just annoying to use...
    DD 6/10

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by firemama View Post
    I keep forgetting to bring wet wipes in a ziploc when we are out and about. Whenever we have a messy diaper, I cringe and wish we were home and didn't have to use sposie wipes. I seriously have to use 5 or 7 for 1 or 2 cloth wipes. We use Nature Babycare sensitive unscented wipes, and I don't think she gets red from them. They're just annoying to use...
    I bring dry wipes and a travel spray bottle I got at Target with my wipe solution and use that when we're out. Works awesome!
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

Quote Originally Posted by alirebco View Post
    I bring dry wipes and a travel spray bottle I got at Target with my wipe solution and use that when we're out. Works awesome!
    That sounds even better! I have that same bottle for the LuSa Organics Wipes Juice (we use it in the morning or after messy diapers). I'll just go get another one. Thanks!
    DD 6/10

There are so many advantages to cloth diapers, and really only one disadvantage - laundry. We had one tiny blowout in cloth though, whereas every time our baby wore a disposable when she was a newborn she would have massive blowouts, resulting in so much laundry!

We did disposables for our first (I never even contemplated cloth) and he potty trained himself at 21 months. A friend introduced me to cloth and I decided to do cloth for baby number 2. I found that from 2 months on I knew when my baby was going to poo. When she was 3 months I decided it was ridiculous to know she was going to poo and let her just poo all over herself, so I started putting her on the toilet when I thought she needed to poo, and we were instantly successful! She would do 7/8 poos in the toilet each day (she was a frequent pooper, and still is). After a few weeks the averages dropped off. She just turned 1 and it has been months since she pooped in a diaper. She still pees in them, but will wait for the toilet if she can. Elimination Communication would not have been easy with disposables because I take the same clean dry diaper on and off - she actually did 48 hours without a pee or poo in her diaper when she was 11 months.

We started using cloth on Day 4 after a day of blowouts on Day 3. It was surprisingly easy. We did fitteds and covers, and sized AIOs. One size just didn't fit until our baby was 4 months, and she was born 9lbs. I would recommend trying Rumparooz though - they look like they might fit a little baby and have that great double internal gusset.

We use cloth wipes and water, but use flushable cottonelle wipes for poos, since we are using the toilet anyway. If you use cloth wipes on a baby who eats solids, do you then spray the poo off?

I'd recommend getting a diaper sprayer. It really makes cleaning the messy poop very easy. I know you don't have to spray off the newborn poo if your baby is exclusively breastfed, but it made us feel better. We haven't used ours much since then because she poos directly in the toilet, but I still think it was money well spent.

Try cloth, I think you'll love it! Certainly you will love that you don't get poo on your own clothes, the sheets, car seat, baby swing, the list goes on!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5