Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sherry7 View Post
    LOL, me too! I spend hours and hours researching the most mundane purchases. I just noticed that you're from Pittsburgh. Hello (almost) neighbor!
    Hello back!

Are you also married to one of those annoying people who will look at you with exasperation and say, just pick one, it doesn't matter?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I honestly prefer the looks of the older Bobs, but I am probably the only one here who thinks so. When I sell my double in the next year I am either getting a used 2010 or a Mountain Buggy. I honestly just don't care for the styling of the new Bob.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

PGTB is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nmstrong View Post
    great review runnerduck! STROLLERQUEEN just posted one as well, pretty helpful:
    http://strollerqueenreviews.blogspot...se-review.html
    I saw SQ had the Bob on the beach, I wonder how it did on the beach SQ often says that Bob is not a great beach stroller, yet the pic is on the sand, should this be encouragement to those who own it to take to the beach
    DS 04/2010
    DD 09/2013

Quote Originally Posted by PGTB View Post
    I saw SQ had the Bob on the beach, I wonder how it did on the beach SQ often says that Bob is not a great beach stroller, yet the pic is on the sand, should this be encouragement to those who own it to take to the beach
    I have taken my bob on a beach with sand similar to that and I think it does well on that type of sand. I have some photos I'll post when I get home tonight. Of all of the strollers I have had the Bob has done the best on the softer sand that covers the west coast, there is no way I could jog or fast walk, but it's doable. It's unusual though that you find sand that hard except near where SQ lives and I believe it's part of the reason it's soo darn expensive, the beaches are beautiful!
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

I like the looks of the old one better, too. I really wonder if the redesign is going to prove a flop - like I said for every improvement, you lose something. All the stroller sites keep saying "Bob listened to what parents wanted, and this is sooooo much better!" but I seriously don't see what's better. I think the number one complaint is taller kids don't fit and they didn't address this so... I don't get it. Some changes are good - basket easier to get into, wider wheel base, easy on/off of adapter bars. Might have been nicer if they made a flat recline, lessening the need for adapter bars - but their stance is you shouldn't run with it reclined and they don't want you to have that option. First of all I think most Bobs will never see any running action, second of all I wish they would trust us to have the common sense not to run with it reclined. I just really don't think it's clearly better. The new one to me screams "I'm wealthy enough to spend a ton on a stroller to go to the mall" whereas the old screamed "This is my sporty outdoor stroller!" I'm really banking on the lemming mentality of everyone else to mean the resale value of the new one will be higher - otherwise I would have kept the old. If resale were not a factor, I probably would have kept the old. Just my opinion.

I just had my crew at the zoo and I had my old dualie with me and every time the girls got in and out sitting on the old style footrest I thought, dammit, I wish I had kept the old single.

I may yet try to snag a used old single and sell my new single.

I blame a friend of mine for telling me about the LL Bean sale. Had I never known about it, ignorance would in deed be bliss.

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't know. i am LOVING my 2011 bob duallie- so much cool and sleeker looking. the gray/blue is so much better looking too than it was before (and i should know, there were about 10 bobs at my local park this morn!)...the basket is also SO much easier to get in/out of- it hangs a bit lower. i love my new bob as you can tell
    ds- 4
    dd- 2 1/2

bob revol in navy/gray
    ingslesina swift in black on black in my car
    happy!

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerDuck View Post
    First of all I think most Bobs will never see any running action, second of all I wish they would trust us to have the common sense not to run with it reclined. I just really don't think it's clearly better. The new one to me screams "I'm wealthy enough to spend a ton on a stroller to go to the mall" whereas the old screamed "This is my sporty outdoor stroller!" I'm really banking on the lemming mentality of everyone else to mean the resale value of the new one will be higher - otherwise I would have kept the old. If resale were not a factor, I probably would have kept the old. Just my opinion.
    I totally agree with that 1000%. I really really agree with the whole "I'm wealthy enough to spend a ton of money on a stroller for the mall," theory, and I have a Vista. Two years ago it was rare that anyone IRL even knew what a Vista was which was why I liked it, it didn't scream yuppie Range Rover, X5, or Cayenne driving mom, or celebrity mom from my area. It was a nice meld of an AT with a mall stroller for the fraction of a price. So glad there is someone else out there who agrees with me. I am sure that you can run with the new Bob just like the old one, but it should be interesting to see if it really takes off the way they think it will because the price is also higher, I'd rather get a Bumbleride Indie or a MB Swift or a used MB Terrain for that price.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I totally agree with that 1000%. I really really agree with the whole "I'm wealthy enough to spend a ton of money on a stroller for the mall," theory, and I have a Vista. Two years ago it was rare that anyone IRL even knew what a Vista was which was why I liked it, it didn't scream yuppie Range Rover, X5, or Cayenne driving mom, or celebrity mom from my area. It was a nice meld of an AT with a mall stroller for the fraction of a price. So glad there is someone else out there who agrees with me. I am sure that you can run with the new Bob just like the old one, but it should be interesting to see if it really takes off the way they think it will because the price is also higher, I'd rather get a Bumbleride Indie or a MB Swift or a used MB Terrain for that price.
    I don't think you can even compare the push on the indie to the bob. I have had both and the push on the bob is far easier on AT. A mb terrain would be more comparable. You can run with the new bob just as easily as the old. It is functionally the same.

I ended up keeping my old one (2010 choc/blue) because i had it listed on cl for over 6 weeks and couldn't sell it to save my life- and it was NEW in the box with reciept and I was trying to sell it for 330 then 300. and I sells things ALL the time within days on cl (sometimes hours) So i finally sold my slightly used plum bob for 375 and just figured I could get another one if I really missed the aethetics. I like the looks of both-the old is sporty, the new is sleek.

The new certainly isn't bad to look at - but it's like, I am more of a tennis shoe girl than a stiletto girl. I think it comes down to that.

You can certainly still run with the new bob.

But I am sure most bob owners will never run. I never will, LOL. I will walk for ever and enjoy it, but I detest running.

I do think the wider wheel base is a good thing, from an outdoor use standpoint. Doesn't matter a bit if you're strolling through Nordstrom's. The easier to access basket is good for THAT.

It's really a toss-up.

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerDuck View Post
    The new certainly isn't bad to look at - but it's like, I am more of a tennis shoe girl than a stiletto girl. I think it comes down to that.

You can certainly still run with the new bob.

But I am sure most bob owners will never run. I never will, LOL. I will walk for ever and enjoy it, but I detest running.

I do think the wider wheel base is a good thing, from an outdoor use standpoint. Doesn't matter a bit if you're strolling through Nordstrom's. The easier to access basket is good for THAT.

It's really a toss-up.
    adds like this one really take the cake! (CDM is Corona Del Mar, probably one of the ritziest areas in Orange County, CA!)
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bab/2374154685.html
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast