Default Rekindled my Carrier addiction

After dd was born almost 2 years ago I had a small bout with carrier addiction and accumulated a nice stash. I had a Moby, a ring sling, 2 pouches, 3 MTs, an angelpack, a beco and a boba. I hated the ring sling and the pouches. I blame my boobs because my husband could use them just fine but they were awful on me. The moby was my first carrier and is my go to for the newborn stage. The MTs were all good. I had one homemade one that's a bit cheap in comparison to the others. I need to sell it or gift it but haven't yet. I have one used sugar tai which is fantastic but the straps are corduroy which I don't love because of the bulk. The last is a sweetsling MT and I love it! Its the best constructed of the 3 and has the largest body. She sells MT covers too so if I get board of the print I can buy just a cover instead of a whole new carrier. The angelpack did not fit me right. The buckles hit me in all the wrong places. I got it on mamabargains for a great price so I just gifted it to a more petite friend. The beco and boba are great and I actually still own them. I was a little disappointed that the beco did not work as well after 18 months but the boba has worked great from 12 months on so I guess that doesn't matter.

So flash forward to now. I still own the moby, 2 MTs, beco, and boba but have recently found out there are handmade expensive SSCs and just had to know why. I bought both a Kanga XT ($180) and a Kindercarry in the toddler size($170). OMG these babies are so comfortable for toddler back carry. I received the kanga first and used it 3 times in one week to carry my 38 lb 4 year old ds to the grocery store and back which is approx 2 mi roundtrip. I could feel the extra weight on my legs but not at all on my back it was fantastic! I just received the kindercarry this week and haven't been able to try it out yet but I think its even nicer then the kanga. I put my daughter on my back and it felt awesome. Unfortunately I had no where to go and was still wearing my pajamas so she came right back off just a couple minutes later. I hope to give it a true trial sometime this week.

Anyone else share my addiction or tried out some of these fancy pants SSCs?
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

ABO Mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I looove SSC! Wraps are the best for newborns, but after that a good ssc is wonderful! I've tried beco, yamo, was not a fan of the ergo (I like to be able to cross the straps on my back). Lately, I've been into chunei. I really like how the chunei takes the all the weight off of my shoulders.

And have you tried a SSC with a solarveil panel? It's so much cooler for the summer time!

Quote Originally Posted by ABO Mama View Post
    And have you tried a SSC with a solarveil panel? It's so much cooler for the summer time!
    I am hoping to snag one within in the hour but no I have yet to try an SV carrier.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ooh, are you going for one of the SV KPs?? I LOVE my KPs, but rarely use them now. I won't part with them, though! I also really love Dream Carriers SSCs, but sold mine because I wasn't really using it anymore.

I hope you get one! It's my favorite summer carrier

It took me 55 minutes of precious kid-free naptime but I snagged a poppy SV KP today. I think I am going to try and sell the kanga xt now.

So pretty!

Now you need a pink solarveil monkeypocket to go with it! I had one for last summer, and it was so nice to not have to worry about sun screen on DS.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So pretty!!! I miss BWing. I stopped when the cold weather set in, because everything was too bulky. Maybe I'll start up again if this rain lets up! I'll feel like I'm cheating on my Swift, though.