Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Oh my goodness! Thank you for the reminder. I'm so glad that everything turned out OK for you.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Sorry for your experience, but thank you for that important reminder.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Scary! Glad everything turned out okay!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

jenfromnj is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Glad everyone is OK--how scary!

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We recently had all of our smoke and co2 detectors changed because we were having problems with our alarm system. We found out that you should have them changed every 7-10 years because they could malfunction. Ours were so old (10 years) that we didn't know that they now TALK to you. We now have at least 1 smoke/carbon detector per floor, in addition to the other smoke detectors.

OP, I am so glad to hear you and DC are all right!!

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow, I wonder if it has been leaking before and if that's why you've been having the health problems you've reported in other threads. Glad everyone was ok.

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh how scary! I'm so glad you all are ok, and thank you for this reminder. We have a CO monitor and, just yesterday, when an alarm went off in our house I ran to it first thing. (It turned out to be a nearby faulty smoke detector instead.) I feel safer knowing the CO monitor is in our home.

NancyJ_redo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow, how scary! Glad to hear you're all ok.

And thank you for the PSA. The carbon monoxide detectors have been on my list for a while, I even bought some a few years ago but have yet to install them. I'll now make it a priority.

Also, as a PP said, smoke detectors are supposed to be replaced every 10 years (I thought it was 10, PP said 7-10 years, I'm not sure which is correct). That's on my list also!

So glad everything turned out okay! I had a CO scare a few years ago after my house was re-roofed. During the process, the pipe around my hot water heater became dislodged and I didn't discover it until later. Thank goodness I had a CO detector to alert me. Those things are worth the $ for sure.
    DD 2/06
    DS1 2/09
    DS2 12/11

blue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Very glad to hear that you and DC are alright-how scary. Very important PSA too!

I made SO by a combo smoke/CO2 detector for our trailer, we have a gas stove and furnace and I wasn't convinced that the smoke detector in the trailer worked even with battery changes. As liz a few posts above brought up, it is import to make sure the detectors you have don't need to be replaced (the one in our trailer says it should have been replaced in 2008- landlord didn't do that, no wonder it does not work )
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast