Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Do we need all these forums?

This is either the worst or the best time for this suggestion, since you're doing so many changes right now!

Have you considered reducing/combining the less-used forums like was suggested in a previous thread? Basing it on traffic vs the book chapters seems to make sense now.

You've probably noticed the "rebellion" going on, where people post in the lounge even though they know the topic belongs elsewhere. They just want someone to read and respond! I know that isn't the best online behavior but it's tempting...

The thing that made me kind of sad was that this one mom posted a heartfelt plea for help in the Toddler 411 Lounge and nobody responded for over a week! Her post was really stressed and sad and she probably gave up on the board because nobody noticed her post.

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009

Thanks for the suggestion.

Well, good question---most of the forums exist because they are chapters are in our book. Or folks have requested them.

I would agree having separate lounges is probably unnecessary; but every other forum usually has a reason for being!

We'd be open to hear folks opinions!

alan & denise

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for the response!

There were some good ideas in an early thread - I think called "organization of forums". I think they included putting the two food forums together, putting the two clothes ones together. Can't recall exactly. There were some enthused responses in that thread.

Also, the separate Baby 411 forums at the bottom of the list don't seem to get any attention. All the questions (sleep, medical issues, etc) that would go in there seem to go into the Lounge.

Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure lots of people would have opinions ... but I don't know if they ever look in this forum to post!

You've added some really great forums - like the adult health and special needs. Those were splendid additions.

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009