Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DD is 7 months and we just began the foray into finger foods. Have tried avocado and will try sweet potato next.

We skipped the cereal/puree stage and are doing BLW.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

Well I don't have an infant, yet, but will in a couple months...and DS is almost 2. We ended up starting solids (BLW) with DS around the 6.6-7 mo mark. At that point he would try to grab food off of our plates constantly. I'm pretty sure he was sitting up at that point, but not quite crawling.

We'll probably do the same with #2...around the 6-7 mo mark. We'll watch his cues for interest in solids and do BLW again. It was an accident that we did BLW, but it worked so well last time, I think we'll be giving it a go again!

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I did it tonight - DC is 6mo. It went pretty well!

I should clarify, I misspoke, silly me. We started on pureed food, then when the first couple teeth came in we moved to more solid food. So around 6 month for pureed, then 9 months or so for solids. We had pretty wonderful experience with getting our daughter on solid foods. We have a community of Noblesville dining that offers lots of starter foods that our daughter loved. Overall, the transition to solids was pretty easy once she got past the texture.
    Last edited by AmeMamma; 06-16-2011 at 08:53 PM.

nrp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just reread my post and I think I was the one who wasn't clear! With DD (and similarly for DS), we started purees around 5 months, but by 7 months she was toothlessly wolfing down a large variety of real food - steamed veggies, cheerios/puffs, pieces of fruit, shredded cheese - whatever she could get her hands on. The lack of teeth didn't seem to deter her at all. I wish she was still as welcoming of new foods!
    Mommy to
    DD1 (12/06)
    DS (6/08)
    DD2 (10/11)

We started rice cereal w/BM at four months. Our ped gave us the go ahead and Penny seemed ready; she sat up on her own just fine and appeared to take interest in our food and our utensils. We incrementally added in pureed veggies then fruits per our ped's instructions. By six months she was eating a wide variety of foods of varying taste and texture which I think helped her transition into larger chunks of food.

-----------
    Sent from the aether using Tapatalk.

Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.
    --Dr. Seuss

Penelope Grace
    Born 02.25.2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2