lec is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default trying to decide... gemini?

I am trying to decide which carrier I should get.
    I'm leaning toward the Beco Gemini.

DD is amlost 9 months old and I would guess about 19lbs. She is a cuddler and prefers to be held. She will ride in her stroller but maybe for an hour before she is ready to get out and be held. I currently have a Bjorn. I know not everyone is thrilled with those, but it has worked for us so far. But now that she is getting a little heavier it is starting to hurt my shoulders/back to carry her for a couple hours. Since she likes to face out and is use to it with the Bjorn that is why I was thinking of the Gemini. Is there something else I might consider? If it matters I am 6' and DH is 6'1".

We are going on vacation in about a month so I was looking to get one before then. Also, my local BRU and BBB don't have the Gemini to try in the store. Are their any good places to buy from that would have a good return policy if for some reason it didn't work out. Also any good deals on any of these? I don't mind paying for one but would like to get the best deal possible.
    DD1 8/10
    DD2 10/12

Check natural mom gear.

http://www.naturalmomgear.com/page/return_policy

Catherine

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Jane at QuirkyBaby is having a Memorial Day sale through today or tomorrow (I think) that includes Beco as well.

The biggest advantage to the Gemini over the Bjorn is the hip and back carry options now that your LO will be outgrowing front carries.

I've tried it and do like it a great deal for ease-of-use and comfort. (I am just under 5'8" myself; my DD is almost 15 mos and 22 lbs ... we do back-carries exclusively because I have a short torso.)

Beco is not a brand you usually find at chains like BRU or BBB; it's more of a boutique-y brand. If there's a small, independent baby-gear shop nearby, they would be more likely to carry it!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Take the plunge! The Gemini is a GREAT carrier. My daughter is ten months old, and I've been carrying her in it since she was five months old, and it is just the best. She loves it, and I can hike around with her for hours without my back hurting at all.

My Gemini was the best baby investment I made, hands down.

Granted I've only had it for 10 weeks, but I adore the Gemini. I tried out my friend's Ergo and SIL's Bjorn, the Gemini is way more comfortable for me to wear (I'm 5'5" and on the thinner side) and far more versatile. Lil' K sleeps in it every time.