Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Karinyc is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I get my cheaper argan oil at my local pharmacy ($20 for 4oz). I mainly use it for my hair, cuticles, & as a make-up remover. I massage a handful in my hair before I wash it. Also use it before I color it (at home).

The cheaper oil is fine but I prefer the Josie version as a moisturizer (feel a little more "elegant" & lighter). What I 'd really like to try is this from Tarte:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...on?&cookie=set

It gets excellent reviews. But it's also pricey.

PSA about Dessert Essence Face Wash- Try not to get any into your eyes. Due to the tea tree oil, it'll sting like crazy! Other than that, I like it.

lovebebes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    Please update us on how you like the less expensive argan oil versus the Josie one. I want to try some argan oil. There is one on Amazon for much less than the Josie, and it gets generally very good reviews but there are a few reviews that aren't so glowing, so I don't know whether I should splurge for the Josie kind. Of course, I would rather not spend so much money on it.
    ok, updating. I am going to agree with what someone posted right above. JM oil does feel "lighter". Even when you are pouring the few drops in/onto your hand, it feels more like a liquid and less like an oil. Which I personally prefer. Why? Because it spreads over your face easier this way, and feels silkier, and I simply just prefer the way it feels. The other organic oil (one i bought from natural store,brand is called Simplers) is also nice and had I not tried the JM oil I would have wanted to use it. It does feel a bit more like oil, so thicker/oilier texture.
    So like if JM oil is silk, the other oil is velvet. I prefer silk
    Another thing to consider when looking at the cost: I feel I need LESS of the JM oil to cover my whole face and more of the other oil. Another thing-I bought my JM bottle when I was 5 months pregnant and ran out when baby was almost 6 months old-and I used it every single day, 2-3 times per day. So it really lasts for SO long.
    bottom line: will you like non-josie oil - probably yes. Is it worth it to try JM oil? - Definitely! The way this oil has revolutionized my skin is priceless to me AND i can now use a much cheaper, less luxurious moisturizer because the oil does it all for me!
    DD S 2002
    DD L born sleeping 04.2006
    DD L 2007
    Finally our littlest rainbow is here!
    DD C 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Karinyc View Post
    I get my cheaper argan oil at my local pharmacy ($20 for 4oz). I mainly use it for my hair, cuticles, & as a make-up remover. I massage a handful in my hair before I wash it. Also use it before I color it (at home).

The cheaper oil is fine but I prefer the Josie version as a moisturizer (feel a little more "elegant" & lighter). What I 'd really like to try is this from Tarte:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...on?&cookie=set

It gets excellent reviews. But it's also pricey.

PSA about Dessert Essence Face Wash- Try not to get any into your eyes. Due to the tea tree oil, it'll sting like crazy! Other than that, I like it.
    i totally agree with you on the Josie oil-def more elegant and lighter!

WHY must you post this delicious looking Tarte oil now?? Now i want it!

ps thanks for the DE warning-that takes it out of the running for me as i absolutely cannot deal with face washes that sting eyes. That is the first test my face wash must pass always-no eye sting!
    DD S 2002
    DD L 2007
    DD C 2010

DD S 2002
    DD L 2007
    DD C 2010

Quote Originally Posted by lovebebes View Post
    Unfortunately I couldn't access the blog, but I ordered a smaller version of the oil on Amazon & will update once I try.

Quote Originally Posted by Karinyc View Post
    Unfortunately I couldn't access the blog, but I ordered a smaller version of the oil on Amazon & will update once I try.
    thanks!!!
    DD S 2002
    DD L 2007
    DD C 2010

Just wanted to update on the Tarte maracuja oil if anyone is interested in purchasing. I've been using it for a week & love it. The oil is unscented (to me) and is light, absorbs easily and is very hydrating & healing. I see a difference in the texture of my skin & my complexion is clearer & more radiant (btw, I'm 40 & have normal/combo skin w/mild sensitivity). If you're on the fence about trying it (like I was) get the smaller size on Amazon. You don't need much. My only complaint is the packaging (I'm not too keen w/the way the dropper dispenses the oil).
    http://www.amazon.com/Tarte-Pure-Mar.../dp/B004ZZXPEY

I also didn't mention about the oil cleansing method that's very popular. There have been several posts about it on this board. The following is a pretty comprehensive description. If you haven't tried it yet, do so.

http://crunchybetty.com/nitty-gritty...eansing-method

http://sortacrunchy.typepad.com/sort...ng-method.html

And s/o of the magic powder thread, for those who get ingrowns and/or bumps this takes care of them in a jiffy:

http://www.tendskin.com/ourstory.htm

Best thing for them. Just make sure to use on DRY skin and be careful not to overuse since it can be drying. I've used it everywhere & never had an issue. HTH someone!

Quote Originally Posted by lovebebes View Post
    Thank you for posting my review, hopefully you found it helpful I'm still using the Natural Bliss passion fruit oil, and still loving it! From what I've read, it may be a better choice compared to argan oil for people who are breakout prone.

Default Hi All!

I'm new to this forum but love natural skin care/makeup and found that my blog had been linked on this forum, so I've been enjoying reading everyone's suggestions. I'll share some of my favorite natural products too!

I, like some others here, use coconut oil as a moisturizer, for cooking, and I also occasionally eat it and give it to my cats as a treat - they love the taste! I got mine through www.vitaminshoppe.com

I recently started using Natural Bliss products - they are handmade, all natural, and mostly organic. My favorites are their olive oil soap - scented and unscented, face serum, kaolin powder scrub, and passion fruit oil but they have so many other products I want to try too! I won't use anything else on my skin anymore since it completely cleared up whiteheads I was battling for years. I have also reviewed their products on my blog, if anyone wants to learn more: http://prettylightsbeauty.blogspot.c...-skincare.html , their website is www.mynaturalbliss.com

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay is another favorite, I do this mask once to twice a week to keep my pores clear, I also bought that through www.vitaminshoppe.com

I use Silk Naturals mineral foundation which is customizable and offers coverage from sheer to heavy, they also have great mineral eyeshadows, lipglosses, ect. and even offer vegan options: www.silknaturals.com

Desert Essence makes a really nice oil control lotion that really works to keep oil at bay throughout the day and also mattifies skin: http://www.desertessence.com/skin-ty...control-lotion

Mayron's Goods Chapstuff for the lips and cheeks is a fantastic lip balm and also can be used anywhere skin is dry, it's paraben free and 99.5% natural: http://www.mayronsgoods.com/products/chappedcheek.html

I'll stop before this post gets too long! Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've gone through many deodorants and found two that work: Oyin Handmade Funk Butter and Dessert Essence Pomegranate roll-on. I used the Funk Butter exclusively for a year, but putting it on is annoying. Then I found the Dessert Essence roll-on on clearance at Walgreen's for around $1, and decided to try it. What a great find!!

ETA: I also use Garden of Wisdom products for my face. Love their stuff, though it can be daunting to get started. They have SO many products!
    Last edited by pastrygirl; 08-18-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3