Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Sesame Place with less than 2 year olds

Hi everyone,
    DS and his cousin are both 22 month olds. Is this a good age to go to Sesame Place? I'm not sure if they will be able to do much but it does seem to be at their pace?
    Any suggestions?

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'll be following this thread. Dh and I want to take the girls (4 and 17mos) next month.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

We live really close to sesame place and have had season passes for the past 2 seasons. I think it depends on how adventurous your child is. DS is very cautious and isn’t really a big fan of rides or characters. Last year (he was 1.5 years old) he wouldn’t ride anything. The only thing he liked was an area they have with big foam blocks to stack and play with. This year (he’s almost 2.5) he loves the carousel (but will only ride on the “seat” no horses). I’m hoping he will like the water stuff this summer.

Now, my nephew isn’t scared of anything and he loves it! Last year (he was 2.5 years old) and he went on everything. He loved all the rides and the characters and the water stuff.

It is a small, but really cute park. Since we have season passes we can come and go whenever so I have never stayed more than a few hours at a time. Are you planning on staying overnight? There are quite a few hotels in the area and most offer shuttles so you can go back to the room for a nap if needed.

Have fun if you decide to go!

Thanks for the great info. My DS and my cousin's DS are quite adventurous so I think they'd be happy to try lots of things. I'm planning on driving there the noght before we plan to go to the park. The next day we can get up early and then take a good nap - maybe have dinner with Elmo and then go to the park the next day before we head home during the next nap. It will just be mom's and babies and I think we will have a great time. I'm so excited now! Now I have to find a cheap hotel - since we will only need it for naps and sleep at night.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My advice is to plan to walk out of the park for food. The food there is insanely inexpensive, poor quality and the lines are long. But there are chain restaurants close by. There is a Red Robin you can easily walk to.

We've also been there when they closed the park because of lightning.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by charmcitymom View Post
    Thanks for the great info. My DS and my cousin's DS are quite adventurous so I think they'd be happy to try lots of things. I'm planning on driving there the noght before we plan to go to the park. The next day we can get up early and then take a good nap - maybe have dinner with Elmo and then go to the park the next day before we head home during the next nap. It will just be mom's and babies and I think we will have a great time. I'm so excited now! Now I have to find a cheap hotel - since we will only need it for naps and sleep at night.
    There is a red roof inn close by. Other hotels run sesame place deals, but some are a good 20 minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by clc053103 View Post
    There is a red roof inn close by. Other hotels run sesame place deals, but some are a good 20 minutes away.
    Good to know! Thanks!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We're hoping to go this summer as well. DS1 will be 3.5 and DS2 will be 1.5. How long do you think we need to be able to see the park? TIA

It's a really small park, but they kind of force you to buy a 2-day ticket. We love it and have been going since DD was 2. Kids under 2 are free so bring their birth certificates. There's plenty of stuff for them to do.
    Nancy
    DD Cara Flynn 10-25-05
    DD Lilah Jane 10-25-10 (How about that?)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Drag0nflygirl View Post
    ... There's plenty of stuff for them to do.
    This is good to hear; I live fairly close to the park and my sister was hoping her DS would be up to it, but I didn't want to suggest meeting up with the kids in tow if my DD wouldn't be able to do much there. (Sister's DS is 19 mos; my DD is 15 mos, both are walkers, though he's better at it than she is.)

It's been too long since I last visited for me to remember, but do they do hand-stamping for re-entry like at Great Adventure? Because if they do I could plan to pack a cooler lunch and leave it in the car ...
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast