Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default I just want to feel this baby move.

I'm 12 weeks almost 13 and I know it's early. I just want to get to the point where I can feel the baby and know things are good. I keep worrying over what really amounts to nothing, most likely and I want to just feel a kick an relax. Why am I not sick? Is my fundal height slightly less than last week? Do I feel like something is wrong? Having lost a baby at this stage before I guess it makes sense but I still don't like it. I think part of what is worrying me is that I have an u/s this week just to check on my measuring ahead so far. I've already had the experience of seeing no HB on u/s. I will be alone with both kids for this u/s and I just can't help but worry about the what ifs and being alone with them there with strangers. I think that's bringing it up fear of the 12ish week u/s.

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I know that feeling well, and you are right a previous loss doesn't improve the situation. Just try not to let it overtake all of your thoughts. Just think that everything is fine, just fine... Sorry I can't be of more help, I just wanted to say BTDT, you are not alone.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

llama8 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Edensmum View Post
    I'm 12 weeks almost 13 and I know it's early. I just want to get to the point where I can feel the baby and know things are good. I keep worrying over what really amounts to nothing, most likely and I want to just feel a kick an relax. Why am I not sick? Is my fundal height slightly less than last week? Do I feel like something is wrong? Having lost a baby at this stage before I guess it makes sense but I still don't like it. I think part of what is worrying me is that I have an u/s this week just to check on my measuring ahead so far. I've already had the experience of seeing no HB on u/s. I will be alone with both kids for this u/s and I just can't help but worry about the what ifs and being alone with them there with strangers. I think that's bringing it up fear of the 12ish week u/s.
    I had a 17 week loss with my fist and I was paranoid the 2nd time around. All was well the 2nd time, but with a breech baby and an anterior placenta, I hardly ever felt the baby move at all. I even needed weekly non-stress tests to check the baby after 32 weeks because I felt no movement. She is a healthy 18 month old today.

To relieve my stress, I rented a BellyBeats fetal doppler heart beat monitor for about 40 $ a month. Anytime I felt nothing for a while, I would use it and feel better when I heard the heartbeat. It was huge piece of mind for me.
    DD 11/09
    DD 06/11

I'm 31 weeks now and can empathize with your worries. I also was anxious to feel movement, because I had 2 losses between my first child and this pregnancy. Just wanted to send you a and P&PT. Let us know how you are after the ultrasound.

Do you have a friend you could ask to come with you to the ultrasound?
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The only friend I can think of asking would just add two more kids to the mix. That doesn't sound like help and DS is only 17 months and would freak if I left him. It's a PIA to live far away from family.

I'm right there with you. I'm nervous about my 12 week ultrasound tomorrow. I hope everything goes well for both of us!
    DD 2/06
    DS1 2/09
    DS2 12/11

I forgot to add, ITA about it being a pain to live far away from family when you have lots of OB appts to attend.
    DD 2/06
    DS1 2/09
    DS2 12/11

Just keep in mind, too, that some mamas don't experience morning sickness at all. Some get it at night. Some don't get it until the 2nd trimester.

I did not feel DD move at all until well in to my 3rd trimester. It was scary - I was really worried - but it proved not to be prophetic at all.

Keep the faith, be healthy and try to not worry so much. The stress of anxiety and worry isn't good for either of you.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

I know how you feel, I hope you feel that first kick soon. Just please remember that a lot of women don't feel the baby movements for a very long time and have perfectly healthy babies.
    DD February 2010
    DS January 2012