fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default *Update - booked HoJo* Anaheim hotels

I booked the HoJo. and bought plane tickets! So we are actually going somewhere after all my summer vacation agonizing! I will have many DL questions closer to, but I will start a new thread later. Thanks for the advice!

And if you have San Diego hotel suggestions, please come to my thread in the other travel forum!
    Thanks!

Me again

As I posted on the other vacation board, it looks like we will split between San Diego and Anaheim in August. Right now I am looking at Anaheim hotels.

HoJo -seems to be popular
    Sheration Anaheim (the castle one) - not walkable but dedicated (free) shuttle, looks nice
    or various suite type hotels - embassy, homewood, residence...

Right now leaning toward HoJo for convenience, but I don't really want a sad little motel - I want to feel like I am on vacation iykwim... Is the HoJo okay? Without the ENT rate?

Any thoughts?

TIA!
    Last edited by fivi2; 05-30-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Did you check the HoJo website for photos? Looks much nicer than the typical roadside motel you might imagine when you think motel. Really nice water play area for kids and the Kids Suite looks awesome! We are staying there in Sept for the first time. I have read countless threads on DISBoards and Micechat and the vast majority rave about HoJo.

My DDs still nap so I figure a walkable distance hotel is key. The other walkable ones with suites don't look as fun as HoJo or as nice.

geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

HoJo is likely all booked for August, but you can check.

I'd stay at HoJo for as long as possible. The location is great, and there's a lot of bang for your buck. My kids LOVED the bunk beds in the family suite!!!

Quote Originally Posted by geochick View Post
    HoJo is likely all booked for August, but you can check.

I'd stay at HoJo for as long as possible. The location is great, and there's a lot of bang for your buck. My kids LOVED the bunk beds in the family suite!!!
    They had regular rooms available for the dates we are looking at, but not the suites. I am okay with that. I guess I'd better hurry up, though!

Thanks!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I really liked HOJO.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

jbbhb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We are local, but have stayed at the Sheraton (castle one) several times. It is really really nice. Also, we have walked it several times and it's a nice walk, maybe 10-15 minutes? They also have a really good deli

Quote Originally Posted by jbbhb View Post
    We are local, but have stayed at the Sheraton (castle one) several times. It is really really nice. Also, we have walked it several times and it's a nice walk, maybe 10-15 minutes? They also have a really good deli
    hmmm, you aren't making this easy

Thanks for the review!

I don't think you'll be disappointed in HoJo! We stayed there last October and really enjoyed it. I thought I'd miss having a suite, but we closed the park down every night we were there, so we all went to bed at the same time anyway. The kids really loved the water play area too, though we only had one day warm enough to use it.
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor